1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps want to create an app or "smart" e-book

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by saintdanbert, Sep 15, 2011.

1. saintdanbert

saintdanbert Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 26, 2010
    writer, educator, adult trainer
    Austin, TX USA
    I want to create a series of Android applications that are mostly reference materials with some smart features embedded. I thought to make an e-book, but I could not get the "smarts" to work as I wanted. Thus it looks like I need a app not a book. I'm a writer (mostly) and don't want to do a lot of "programming". Can someone tell me how to proceed?

If there is a book reader that enables truly smart books, I'd really like to pursue that because I have several related by unique sets of content and I'd rather not create the same features for each publication.

The smarts would include features for making notes about the content. Notes might include sound recordings, video, or images web links or links to other files local to the app. Images might have "markup" to draw attention to details. In addition to end-user added notes, the content itself would include audio, video, and image materials in addition to text content.

As reference materials, the content might include wizard or avatar (or whatever we call that this week) that would guide the end user through questions about a situation, collect answers, follow a decision tree or fault determination matrix and iterate toward the details the end-user seeks.

Thanks in advance,
    ~~~ 0;-Dan

Advertisement

2. saintdanbert

saintdanbert Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 26, 2010
    writer, educator, adult trainer
    Austin, TX USA
    Clearly I'm missing something important. Not only do I have trouble learning how to solve the problem in my original post, but apparently
    my question is all wrong because no one has responded.

Bump.
    ~~~ 0;-/ Dan