1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Want to create my own tablet brand using Android..HELP

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Android Question

None
    Hi All,
    I know i might sound dumb or crazy but i have this idea to create my personalized tablet.
    Want i want to do is..as soon as i switch-on the tablet, instead of samsung or htc coming on the screen i want my brand name say ((A.J)) powering up. Is this even possible. I have ABSOLUTELY no prior software development knowledge so kindly excuse if im way over my head.
    kindly reply if i can get this done and HOW??
    Thanks for any update..looking forward..>>>

Advertisement

2. insanelycool

insanelycool Well-Known Member
    None

May 30, 2013
    Male
    Computer Certification Instructor / Network Admin
    It is definitely possible depending on the device brand and manufacturer. What you are reffering to is editing the splash screen or boot logo of the tablet. In order to help you more, or point you in the right direction it would help to know more about what tablet you are using. There may already be development going on for that tablet in the community.

You can either post back here with more information about the brand and type of device (please provide as much info as possible) or better yet you could register on the forum here and then post back so that we can point you in the right direction to get started (if your tablet supports it)!

3. Skinnyjeans21

Skinnyjeans21 Android Expert
    None

Oct 25, 2012
    Male
    High School Senior and Professional Sleeper
    Houston, TX
    What you're thinking of doing is WAY cool :D and its fairly simple, as there are many guides, but it does depend on what tablet you have. It takes a bit of reading though, I must warn you.