• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Want to DOWNGRADE back to Eclair

Exactly what about FROYO do you hate?

Stock Eclair has a lot more bugs than stock FROYO. Just sayin'.

Oh, no, no, no... I'm not going back to Eclair to STAY! I hope no one is that crazed. I had Cognition 4.4.4 loaded on my phone, and my father had just gotten a new phone, when I promptly soft-bricked it.

In order for him to have a phone, and because, for reasons that are still not clear, Cognition would not reinstall on my phone after I removed 4.4.4 to put a more recent version of Cog on it for my Dad, I lost my mind and loaded Stock Froyo from ATT.

Which, believe you me, is NOT Cognition. It's slow, surfing on it is incredibly frustrating, and it seems inclined to only "kind of, sort of" root. And, of course, there's the massive amount of bloatware. The only real improvement I see between Stock Eclair and Stock Froyo is the battery life--which was just as good in Cognition.

As to using the 1-Click Downloader... build 1008 doesn't like 1-click. At all. I proved that most painfully the first time I went back to stock. I use Odin 3-click, which is what brought about my question: since it's been upgraded to stock ATT Froyo, can I get away with taking my phone back to its original eclair state (eclair 2.1 i897uckjf6), or should I flash it back to stock JH2 or JH3?

I'm currently waiting on a jig because I sent my dad's phone (build 1107) back to JF6 instead of going to a later stock build. I found out after the fact that the later builds don't like JF6. This, even though I'd spent 3 DAYS reading up on flashing from Stock Froyo to a custom ROM before flashing! I'd as soon not have to try to get BOTH phones back into Download state through the good offices of a jig if I can avoid it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones