• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Want to get back to stock root

ach1lles

Lurker
Jun 28, 2010
Since i first got my evo, I ran unrevoked3 because I enjoyed the root apps that were offered, never really cared for a custom rom. Well last night I tried something new and installed the cyanogenmod 7 and its missing alot of the features that I need for a work, and is not as user friendly as I would like.

What I need to figure out is, how do I go back to still being rooted, but being on the stock rom that I had after running unrevoked. Do i just run unrevoked again even though im already rooted? or is there a link to that rom to flash that? I tried searching but all I can find is how to unroot back to to stock, and id like to stay rooted

Since i first got my evo, I ran unrevoked3 because I enjoyed the root apps that were offered, never really cared for a custom rom. Well last night I tried something new and installed the cyanogenmod 7 and its missing alot of the features that I need for a work, and is not as user friendly as I would like.

What I need to figure out is, how do I go back to still being rooted, but being on the stock rom that I had after running unrevoked. Do i just run unrevoked again even though im already rooted? or is there a link to that rom to flash that? I tried searching but all I can find is how to unroot back to to stock, and id like to stay rooted

here you go Supersonic_3.70.651.1-Deodexed_signed_teshxx.zip just flash this from recovery as you would any rom. it is a rooted stock rom. if you have any more questions ask away.

Reactions: ach1lles
Upvote 0
you have to either downgrade to clockwork mod 2.6 or switch recoveries to amon ra2.3. both of those recoveries support both amend and edify scripting. i would strongly recommend that you switch to amon ra. here is how you would do it:
1. download this file PC36IMG_RA_2.3.zip
2.rename it by just deleting the "_RA_2.3" part of the name so that it is named PC36IMG. do not add a ".zip" to the name as windows hides extensions
3.transfer the file over to the root(not in any folder) of your sd card
4.power off
5.press and hold power+vol down
6.this will get you into hboot(bootloader) and it should automatically scan for the PC36IMG file
7.press vol up to select yes to update
8.it will then ask you to reboot select no and select recovery from hboot.
9.then select backup and restore
10.make a nandroid backup as of now your clockwork mod nandroids will not work.

after you make a nandroid wipe cache, dalvik cache, and system. then flash the rom i provided earlier. reboot and you should now have a stock rooted rom with your new custom recovery, aomn ra 2.3. any more questions ask away.

Reactions: ach1lles
Upvote 0
no worries glad i can help. however there are a lot of roms out there that are great. try koni's elite series III. it is a super fast sense rom. all bloatware removed and very stable. you can get it in my sig ref#2. cm7 as you found out has a lot of tweaking to get everything right. also look into kernels as they will help you get great battery life out of your evo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones