• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Want to get past 30fps

whtge8

Jun 8, 2010
I know that it is possible to get past 30fps, but I am not in any way shape or form a techie so I dont know how to root or what a ROM is. Do I have to root to get a ROM? And also what exactly is a ROM and how will it affect my device? Just looking for a newb walkthrough. I know this may have been asked before but I really appreciate your patience in helping me. Thank you in advanced.

I know that it is possible to get past 30fps, but I am not in any way shape or form a techie so I dont know how to root or what a ROM is. Do I have to root to get a ROM? And also what exactly is a ROM and how will it affect my device? Just looking for a newb walkthrough. I know this may have been asked before but I really appreciate your patience in helping me. Thank you in advanced.

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/129648-quick-intro-rooting-those-new-rooting.html

Upvote 0
thats not the right unrevoked, unrevoked 3.2 you download to your computer, then plug your evo into the computer and basically let it do all the work, which will give you a rooted evo. and the best way i can describe a rom and kernel is in the way they change things. a rom can provide you with a completely different interface, like stock froyo without HTC sense, while a kernel will change something like smaller like lifting the 30 fps second cap. 3.2 is currently taken down, although if you search you can find it. there has been a couple reported problems with it though

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones