1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Want to get pissed off? Buzz Out Loud

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by pastafarian, Jan 6, 2012.

1. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility

Advertisement

2. UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 10, 2011
    Cnet has zero credibility in my eyes after the whole Jeff Gerstmann debacle at Gamespot a few years ago.

Jeff Gerstmann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aside from their obvious corruption issues, their reviews are completely biased and unprofessional. They lack a consistent criteria for reviewing gadgets. A critique that applies to one brand, for example, won't apply to another brand with the same issues. In regards to Apple products, they hardly ever knock them for issues that they're more than happy to knock Android and Microsoft products on (i.e. a Windows laptop at $1300 is overpriced according to Cnet, while a Macbook is priced just right).

As well, in any recommendation articles, they love to recommend Apple products above all else. Most times their suggestions are completely unfounded, especially in their laptop department (Stein and Ackerman are just as annoying as Tong, although they try to cover up their fanboyism by appearing a little bit more professional).

I understand why they've taken this route (they're trying to cater to the more casual tech users), but it's completely killed their credibility.

At least they're acknowledging the quality of Android phones in their reviews, but they still find the time to take jabs at the platform every now and then, which is just sad.

pastafarian likes this.
  3. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    Yeah I chose to stop listening to CNET podcasts over a year ago thanks to their obvious Apple bias. There are plenty of other tech podcasts that remain neutral on mobile OS wars

4. Adauth

Adauth Android Expert
    None

Feb 7, 2011
    Male
    Oil and gas industry.
    New Orleans
    Screw CNET I will stick to engadget.

5. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    I also listen to TNT almost every day. Sarah Lane is a complete over the top Apple fanboy (and I dislike her almost as much as Brian Tong, both for annoying personality, not because they're izombies), but is well balanced by Tom Meritt who though also owning an iphone, retains objectivity.

Now if Leo could arrange a trade of Sarah for Molly, then I'd be a happy camper.