• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Want to go from 7.2 to 10,how to backup?

J Pinkman

Sep 29, 2013
Ok,I have an X2 running Cyanogenmod 7.2 and want to upgrade to CM10.Step one is creating a backup.I have had 7.2 for over a year and have never run a backup.I have the ROM manager app,and have tried to create the backup several times today.I do it,phone automatically reboots,but I can't locate the backup in "manage and restore".

So,has a backup been created and I am looking in the wrong place?

when I connect USB to my computer and click USB icon on phone,I get 3 choices:

Portal & Tools
Memory Card Access
Charge Only

I don't seem to have "mass storage mode".
In "memory card access" I can see "removable disc G" and "MOT H" on the computer (windows 7).

I have seen phone screenshots of the "mass storage mode" but don't seem to have that option.

I just want to be sure,when I attempt to bring the downloaded files over from the computer.

Upvote 0
sorry,I keep bouncing back and forth to this.
What is the best way to bring over the apk file over to the phone?I have Motorola Device Manager,changed it to run as an administrator,but it doesn't seem to do anything.When I run it it seems to try and download new drivers,but after a minute or so,it tells me the drivers were unsuccessful.

Is this the way I am going to sync to the computer?

Upvote 0
all the Motorola Device Manager does is install compatible drivers

put the phone in Memory Card Access mode
go to start>computer>open G or H drive
just drag and drop apk file the phone
then put phone in Charge Only or disconnect from pc
on phone check allow unknown sources
Menu > Settings > Applications > Unknown sources
open phone's file manager app
navigate to file with phone’s file manager, tap on it, select install

Reactions: J Pinkman
Upvote 0
a. backup apps with titanium backup, or rom toolbox
Open Titanium Backup and press the "Options" hard-key. Then press "Batch." Run the Backup all User Apps tool and wait for the process to complete.
b. backup texts and call log with sms backup +
c. verify that contacts are backed up/ synced
d. Bookmark Backup Open "Backup Bookmarks" and backup your browser bookmarks.

Reactions: J Pinkman
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones