1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Want to Return My S8 - Advice

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KBoy420, May 31, 2017.

1. KBoy420

KBoy420 Newbie

Hi everyone.  Had an S6 which I loved. Picked up the S8 this past Thursday.  So far I've been really unhappy with it. To boot, the curved glass cracked while phone was in my pocket.  Anyway,  seriously considering going down to the S7.  Anyone still using the S7 and how has it help up?  I honestly don't need or even want any of the new features in the S8.  Just worried the S7 will be really outdated a year from now, considering I will have to keep it/pay it off over 24 months thru Verizon.  Gimme your opinions

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. oleb84

oleb84 Android Enthusiast

I got this phone for wife. She is also I happy with it. I (I'm on the doghouse) dropped it once and cracked the screen. The first smartphone screen I've EVER dropped and trust me, I've dropped a LOT. This one just seems unnecessarily weak.

3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

There's a huge element of chance in whether a phone survives a drop, which is why I treat "drop test" videos as entertainment rather than information. But the S8 does have a lot of exposed glass, so it has to be more vulnerable than most. Nevertheless you were unlucky to break it first time.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

FWIW, I've actually broken two phone screens while they were in my pockets, a Nokia N95 and a Samsung Galaxy S. Pockets might not be the safest places for a phone, and I should imagine with the all the curves of the S8, it might be more prone to possible stress damage. You've not wearing "unisex" tight skinny jeans that are two sizes small are you, as seems to be the current fashion?

Spec2nirvash and dontpanicbobby like this.
  5. KBoy420

KBoy420 Newbie

Haha no. And it was in a case. What are your opinions on battery? So far I'm not impressed.  Insurance sent me a brand new S8 so now I really don't know what to do. Had they sent me a refurbished u it I would be set on the S7. Given it's brand new I really don't know what to do.  I'm not a van of virtual assistants so Bixby isn't a sellikng point to me.  4k videos, eh.  I'm good with plain old HD.  The fingerprint sensor bugs me and I have yet to get the iris scanner to actually recognize me and unlock the phone.  I have until Wednesday to decide. 

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Given your problems and points you raised, I would return it and get something else.

7. KBoy420

KBoy420 Newbie

Anyone with an S7 want to chime In? How has it held up after a year of use? How outdated do people feel it will be 2 yeara from the S8 release? Someone sell me one way or the other! Lol

Samsung Galaxy S8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews