1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Want to right now.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by closevo, Feb 19, 2011.

1. closevo

closevo Newbie

I am ready to root right this minute. Unrooted from autoroot 2.2 a few days ago, had speed issues w browser. want full root. Any suggestions. Unrevoked 3.3 good ?

Advertisement

2. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Unrevoked is fine. Just read the Rooting for Dummies guide sticky, and follow the instructions, exactly. The thing is, unless you did the quick root method via autoroot (eng bootloader) it would have rooted via unrevoked-forever, which is the same thing unrevoked does. If you're comfortable with autoroot, you can do that again. Unrevoked is probably the easiest method out there, though.

closevo likes this.
  3. closevo

closevo Newbie

the unrevoked was very easy to do & from what I've read the 3.32 version is a better suited for 2.2, 3.70.651.1 build. I do believe the auto root slowed my browser down tremendiously.this root so far seems to be right on time.Slowly but surely I'll be moving upto the next step now that I got past the rooting thing.Thanks again. Peace! :)

4. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

No rooting method should slow down our browser. There are numerous threads out there for what to do if your 3g speeds decline. Granted, taking the phone into Sprint (which is what you did, right?) is the ultimate fix. Have a look at these threads:

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/268361-horrific-3g-speeds.html
    http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...r-solution-fix-your-slow-3g-speeds-evo4g.html

Keep those in mind in case you ever run into speed issues again. In any case, enjoy having root again :D.

closevo likes this.