• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Want to sell my Dinc2...how do I clear ESN??

dumbphone85

Lurker
Sep 12, 2011
OK so I lost my job and this phone is the first thing to go. My wife and I both have Dinc2's and we can't afford a $200 a month bill anymore. So we want to sell these phones and cancel our contracts. I do understand there is a $350 fee per phone, but the phones should sell for that much on eBay.

Here is my question. I was always with AT&T and you could just take out your SIM and sell the phone and pay your cancellation fees when you got your final bill. But Verizon uses the ESN I believe to attach phones to contracts. Does this mean I have to pay all of my cancellation fees and everything BEFORE I can sell the phone?? If so that sucks because I need the money from selling the phones to pay the cancellation fee...

You can cancel service with them. Once you are canceled, you will be billed the ETFs. Your ESNs will be clear. The only time your ESNs aren't clear is when you just don't pay your bill and get shut off our if you report the phone lost or stolen.

Post an ad on Craigslist. See if anyone wants to take over your lines. It's called Assumption of Liability. People do it all the time.

Or just sell them outright for $250 each.

Reactions: bberryhill0
Upvote 0
Can I?
I am subscribed with verizon
I am due for upgrade,special price new, w/2year conntract
Can I buy new iPhone thru mail,never activate iPhone
Cancel service,and sell new iPhone with clear esn?
Or if not,can phone still be used by someone? Would it be worth less?
I currently have Galaxy s smartphone w/verizon

Then on second line that's not smartphone,upgrade thru mail to iPhone
And sell that one with clear esn as well?

I know I will be charged 350 early termination fee plus cost of phones per line,but heading into a bankruptcy and can really use the money from the sales to pay for the bankruptcy lawyer.
I know this is Not Morally a good thing to do,but things have been sooo bad for me lately.

Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated ..................

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones