Want to stay with unlimited data


Currently have unlimited data with Verizon on a family plan. Currently on month to month payments. I do not want to have to update phone or change to share everything plan.

Is there any way to get a new/used phone with a clean ESN and just change my number to that phone without having to add new line or change plan??


pain rustique
Absolutely. Just buy a used phone with a clean ESN bring it to Verizon and they'll port your number to it and deactivate the old phone.


Well-Known Member
If your old phone has a SIM card, then just swap. That's what I did (after using a cutter to make my mini-SIM into a micro-SIM). The swap will show up (not immediately) on your Verizon online account.