• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ROMs Want to switch over to cyanogen work mod

Heya ppl... I have a galaxy s2 skyrocket AT&T-mobile... Its an unlocked one... I'm not surprised whether it's rooted or not... But I upgraded it to jb using Odin... Now as I have heard alot about cwm... Can u pls explain why is dat... N Will it support my phone and is it worth?? Thenk u fellas

Clockworkmod is a custom recovery that works outside of android. It can be used to backup all your data, used to install custom software, (like ROMs, kernels, themes, etc.) and of course restore the data you backed up :p

It is definitely worth installing, (can't live without it, myself) but I don't know if your phone supports it. I'm pretty sure it does, but it's best if you go and check for yourself in its appropriate forum. I hope I helped, happy flashing! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones