1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Want to switch to Android, have some Questions.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by nixoninajar, May 31, 2011.

1. nixoninajar

nixoninajar Lurker
    None

May 31, 2011
    Canada
    Hi,
    so I have currently an iPhone and an Apple Computer, but I am pissed of because I can't run my own code on my own phone, neither I can boot the OS I want on my PC.
    So I have some questions before I will switch to Android.

a) What do I have to think about when I buy an Android Phone. I noticed that major phones have still Android 2.2 instead of 2.3. Will the Galaxy S II have LTS (Long Term Support)? Or does only the Nexus get instand updates and receives updates over a long time ?

b) Can I run simpel C++ programs on my Phone? By simpel I mean without GUI, only command line.

c) Has Android any restrictions ? Or is it open like an pre-smartphone handy with Java support ?

d) Does Android support a landscape keyboard ? When I wanted to try it out in a store, it opened up a strange launchpad instead. :thinking:

e) How do I manage my music on my phone ? Before Google Music comes to europe, are there media apps that support syncing with my desktop pc library ? Or is it like the good old Java phone again, were I just put my music on my phone and the player recognizes it?

f) If I have a phone with crap-ware installed, can I flash my OS or does it require certain drivers or similar ?

g) Is there anything else that I need to know ?

Thanks a lot ! :D

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Welcome to Android Forums nixoninajar. Nice nick name :) You might want to follow this link for your questions.
    Android Lounge - Android Forums

Thanks for joining the forum. You will love an android device

3. Jedii

Jedii Android Expert
    None

May 4, 2010
    Analyst
    Arkansas
    Welcome to Android Forums! Olbriar linked ya to the perfect place.