1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Want to switch to infuse after playing with one

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cool_kyle_3000, May 19, 2011.

1. cool_kyle_3000

None

Jul 26, 2010
    I have a crappy and would like to switch. I played with the infuse at the att store and it sold me. The screen size is perfect. My problem is that my contract is up in November so I was wondering if there is anything that I can do to get the upgrade price? Also I had the GPS on and using google maps at the store and after a minute still no lock. Is the infuse GPS any better then the crappy. Thanks

Advertisement

2. tmaxey1

tmaxey1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    I dont have one yet. But after the galaxy s famous gps problems I am pretty sure you would have heard about gps issues from a reviewer by now.

3. Rockinfigs

Rockinfigs Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 21, 2010
    I had the captivate and had the gps problem...the infuse gps works perfectly..locks in less than 10 seconds

4. ilovemyinfuse

ilovemyinfuse Lurker
    None

May 23, 2011
    the contract your just going to have to wait lol gps on the otherhand i have no idea

5. Adamsalmon

Adamsalmon Newbie
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    Yuba City, CA
    I got my Infuse a few days ago and I haven't had any problems so far. I had the Attic and that phone sucked and the battery is going strong.

6. artbytes

artbytes Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 7, 2011
    It pays to ask at the Att store about an early upgrade. My husband wasn't due until July. However, they said if he wanted a new phone they'd wave the usual $200 early upgrade fee. Guess they like to sell phones.

7. Aatos.1

Aatos.1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 31, 2010
    West Coast USA
    There's no such phone as a crappy.

Perhaps you meant a Captivate. A phone that I own. My experience with the phone has been great once I learned Android, how it works, and how to resolve the issues present. I still enjoy it from time to time as I have several active lines to use with my various Androids.

To the GPS issue, which existed on all Androids. This is a genuine problem of longer duration till the Android developers got a handle on it. Let's remember Android is a rather young OS, it's not going to be perfect. No phone is. Now Android versions 2.2, handle GPS better, with version 2.3 being better yet.

Cheers

Sent via Galaxy S II using Swype