• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Want to "test" HD movie??

shantytownbrown

Android Enthusiast
Jul 25, 2010
Connecticut
A colleague of mine got the new droid from T-mobile, which came preloaded with Avatar...she showed me the device playing the movie...Wow! i was impressed...(not enough to leave sprint or trade in my EVO...!!) but impressed enough that i wanted to see what my EVO could do...

whats the best way to get an HD movie to watch on my device, or even a clip, so i can see the best quality the EVO has to offer in this category...

A colleague of mine got the new droid from T-mobile

Tmobile does not have Droids. Only Verizon.

Per your question, use handbrake to convert your Blu-rays to mo4 with h264 codec. That will give you the best quality. Do a search in the Evo sub-forum for "Handbrake settings". there is a thread about 5 pages long with ALL the info you need.

Reactions: shantytownbrown
Upvote 0
The first test I did was go to youtube and download a HD music video from there (I'm on Firefox and you can get addons to download youtube vids) and played it without any conversion with the free Rockplayer app.

I downloaded the first HD video I saw, a long vid by Lady Gaga called Telephone (I had never heard her stuff) the image quality is AMAZING on the EVO. Her music isn't my cup of tea, but I've played this video so much at work now that I actually like that song...I know, right? :)

Reactions: shantytownbrown
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones