1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Want to totally lock phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Georgiaboy71, May 28, 2020.

1. Georgiaboy71

Georgiaboy71 Lurker

Hello all.

I just activated my Kyocera Duraforce Pro 2 this morning. I have found an issue I cant figure out. I have set up the security with a PIN and my fingerprint and each work fine. The problem is when the power button is . upload_2020-5-28_11-5-35.png
    pressed this screen comes up. You slide up to go to enter the PIN, left to camera, and right to Google assistant. Why does a "locked" phone allow anyone not authorized to use it take photos, or access Google assistant? How can I lock this up too.....turn it off....etc? In my mind randoms or anyone who may pick up the phone should NOT be able to take photos or talk to assistant.

thanks for any help.

puppykickr likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

That's a convenience feature for some people who want to be able to take a picture quickly. Unfortunately the implementation is also phone-specific, so I can't help based on my devices (my current phone has nothing like this, my previous one allowed you to put a camera shortcut on the lock screen but you could also just not put it there, and none of my phones has ever had a fixed shortcut).

I'd suggest looking through your settings, especially the privacy and security options, to see whether there is an option to disable this. For Assistant it might also be worth looking at its settings for anything related to using it with the screen lock (I have a vague memory there are some settings related to that, but as I keep Assistant completely disabled I can't look to see).

The alternative may be to look in the Play Store for a third party replacement lockscreen app, which you can set up without such shortcuts.

Brian706 and Dannydet like this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Also try see if you have App Shortcuts in the Lock / Security settings. That applied to a Samsung S9

Kyocera Duraforce Pro Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews