• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Want to wake Inc. with trackpad?

G

GiveMeItNow

Dont know if this was ever posted, never saw it....
If you want to be able to wake your phone with the trackpad, go to the market and get "No Lock". Its an app to disable the slide down to unlock. Well I found out that the trackpad will now wake the phone. Just click the trackpad. No need for the top button. Also the side buttons will wake the phone. So if you keep your phone in your pocket be careful.:D

Dont know if this was ever posted, never saw it....
If you want to be able to wake your phone with the trackpad, go to the market and get "No Lock". Its an app to disable the slide down to unlock. Well I found out that the trackpad will now wake the phone. Just click the trackpad. No need for the top button. Also the side buttons will wake the phone. So if you keep your phone in your pocket be careful.:D

has been posted a few times....similar to lockbot (thats what I use)..but thank you anyways:D
hope you are not getting rude comments for making a thread about something that has been talked about quite a few time already
....enjoy your inc:D

Upvote 0
I tried Lockbot, but had to uninstall it. Too many problems, and the settings I chose never worked. If the settings I chose actually worked, it would be a great program. I didn't want the trackpad or volume keys to wake the screen, but they always did, but with a lower brightness than my usual setting. Also, when I chose the delay lock (where I can skip the unlock process if the screen has only been off for a few seconds), the screen would never lock, no matter how long I waited. Also, the lock screen just didn't show up sometimes. Is anybody else having those problems?

Upvote 0
hmmm no problems here....with lockbot...it took me a while to set up but thats it! Yes, like others said it takes sometimes 2 times (pressing the joystick) to open my lockbot screen, so it works like 98% of the time but otherwise...I love it...never did the delay lock! my screen goes black after 1 min cuz thats how I have it set!>press the joystick/pad ones or twice> slide the lockbot screen and I am on my home screen thats it!

Upvote 0
Both No Lock and Lockbot have been posted many, many times. Unfortunately, both are somewhat buggy and aren't 100% efficient. Also, many of us just want an app that will ONLY allow us to wake our phones with the trackpad, minus all the extras (which come with those two apps aforementioned.

yes, yes and yes:D agreed!until then I stay with lockbot I just hate the top button;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones