• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wanted: Black Bar theme

Any thoughts on this? Im woundering if this will be an easy task or
if its gonna be more trouble than its worth. I miss the black staus bar
and would love to have one on my triumph. Direction on this would
be much appreciated :D

BLACK-ROM-THEME

I decompiled & recompiled services.jar & framework-res.apk to have white/red text (clock is red, notification ticker, & Date are white) bar is black. Transparent lockscreen; updated MIUI App Icons & MIUI Notofication Icons. 1% battery MOD and reboot & recovery power menu MOD added. umph v1 kernel; UNROOTED! That is for you to decide to do...... This is just a template....

Black.zip

Upvote 0
BLACK-ROM-THEME

I decompiled & recompiled services.jar & framework-res.apk to have white/red text (clock is red, notification ticker, & Date are white) bar is black. Transparent lockscreen; updated MIUI App Icons & MIUI Notofication Icons. 1% battery MOD and reboot & recovery power menu MOD added. umph v1 kernel; UNROOTED! That is for you to decide to do...... This is just a template....

Black.zip

Could I trouble you to post a screenshot? Please and thanks! Did you make this to install from CWM or to be used with root explorer or something like that?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the metamorph info. I just tried that and it works. However, I didn't want to reflash the ROM(too much work for me, using stock...), so I thought I could settle on dark gray status bar. I edited the black png file and changed it to 66,66,66 in photoshop and loaded using metamorph. good enough for me...:D

Attachments

• shot_000001.jpg
    shot_000001.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 61
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones