• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wanted: cheap unlocked android recommendation

tigerdog

Lurker
Dec 3, 2010
Background: I am a Verizon customer and travel internationally fairly often. My renewal was due and I was sick and tired of my Samsung Saga WinMo phone. At the time, there were no CDMA/GSM Android phones on Verizon so I bought a Motorola Droid X and love it! However, when I leave the country I'm forced back onto my Saga. I've looked at the Droid 2 global (ho hum) and Droid Pro (hate the keyboard) and really want to use my X most of the time. I've seen a couple of chinese unlocked quad band androids on the interwebz. I'm thinking I could potentially move the SIM from my Saga to an unlocked phone and use it while out of the country then transfer service back to the X when I return.

Burning Question: Are there any worthwhile unlocked Android phones available for <$200?

Suggestions welcome.

I don't know if Samsung Galaxy 5 and 3 are available in your countries, but they are pretty cheap and good to use.

In India, Galaxy 5 costs around $200 and Galaxy 3 around $270.

I've also heard that LG have launched an amazing phone which costs around $300....

All the rates mentioned above are for unlocked phones

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones