• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

wanting an epic

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFMISM

Oct 23, 2009
I currently have and evo, but my wife wants an epic. She doesn't like on screen keyboards, but wants to try out an Android phone. Her biggest question that I haven't been able to get a straoght answer for... is the 4g hotspot free on 2.1 like it is for the evo.( that is why I haven't upgraded to 2.2) . Anyway can one of you epic guys answer this for me please

I currently have and evo, but my wife wants an epic. She doesn't like on screen keyboards, but wants to try out an Android phone. Her biggest question that I haven't been able to get a straoght answer for... is the 4g hotspot free on 2.1 like it is for the evo.( that is why I haven't upgraded to 2.2) . Anyway can one of you epic guys answer this for me please

No it's not.

And it's not free on the Evo I don't think ... that was something that was in effect for the first month (or so), but is no longer the case (happily stand to be corrected on this).

Upvote 0
thanks for all the replies. i finally got my question answered. i have the evo now. i still get the 4g hotspot for free and i am running 2.1. i have had my phone since launch date. i didn't upgrade to 2.2 because i heard it took it away and made you pay for it. so until they take it away from 2.1 with some update that i cannot bypass i will keep using it for free ;).

mods can close this thread if you would please. thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones