1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Wanting to add more.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Psywar, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Psywar

Psywar Active Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Schwans Home Food Service Operations
    St. Clair, MI
    I am going to break this post up using -- cuz it ended up being a long post.

I ended up jumping on the Bandwagon yesterday morning when I got home from work. I downgraded then upgraded back to 2.2 w/ root!

Here is a picture of my phone at the HBOOT area:
    46063_1493424708919_1633101886_1215960_170111_n.jpg

(Sorry about the other forum spam in the background of the photo.)

As you can see I did the UnrEVOked Forever install.

I am currently running Fresh 3.1.0.2 and I have the newest Amon RA Recovery 1.8.0.

------------
    I like the basic look of the Stock HTC Evo Rom, but after seeing some of the cool themes out. Their are bits and pieces of the themes that I want.

Well honestly not much. I really want the Circle Green Battery but its not a full circle its broken up in to sections lol.

Is it possible to just get these bits and pieces and flash them to use them?
    If so any idea where I can find bits and pieces of themes to flash?
    ------------
    Radio's
    ------------
    I do have sort of another question about the Radio's. I read you just download them and then use Amon RA Recovery and then just flash them.

Is this how it is done?
    If so can I just place all of the Radio Flash files on my Root Drive and just keep them there?
    Also are their any programs I can use on my HTC Evo to figure out which Radio may be giving me a better signal n such?

---------------------------------
    Why I am Concerned about Radio's
    ---------------------------------
    I do not see many posts about the Radio's so I assume most people just grab the current one and then they call it a day.

Here is my Problem: I live on the Border of Michigan and Canada.
    In my Evo Settings have have the Do Not Roam and No Data Roaming Checked on my phone.

Because of this I quite often have no signal/bars on my phone.
    Why don't I just use Roaming? Well lets just put it this way after only a few days of use the Canada Data Roaming Charge is well over 30bucks extra.

I contacted Sprint about this issue the only thing they ever tell me is pretty much "Sorry".

So that's kind of why I keep posting about the Radio's. I am not worried about battery life if I can get a stronger signal.
    The main reason there is because my phone is always looking for a signal and going in and out of Service so much that it just drains the battery quick anyways.

------------------
    Image file question
    ------------------
    To do the Rooting process on the phone I had to get a file called: PC36IMG.zip
    This file is still sitting on the root of my phones SDCard.

Should I take it off? When Exactly is the PC36IMG file used? Just when installing Roms? I guess I don't understand exactly what it does.

----------
    I think thats all my questions/concerns for now. :)
    I will try and keep all my questions in this thread!

Thank you all in advance for any/all help!

Advertisement

Tags: