1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Wanting to get a Note (super wordy!)

Discussion in 'What Device Should I Buy?' started by bob60626, Dec 17, 2012.

1. bob60626

bob60626 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Male
    Chicago
    I have an S2 and 7.0+ tablet on T-Mobile (phone on the $30/5gb plan, tablet currently not on the network). I like both but have always wanted a Note, and I really want it on that sweet $30 plan! :D I don't want to flash an AT&T Note (I don't know how! :D) and the international ones don't support TMO frequencies. I'd probably sell the tablet if I got one; might keep the S2 might not.

T-Mobile is offering the original Note for free with a 2 year contract. Some options-
    -Get it on contract; T-Mobile appears to have a military discount which strengthens this idea. I could live with this but don't really want a contract.
    -Since they seem to want to get rid of the original Notes, see how much they'd take for it full price. I'm not super fond of this.
    -Buy it on contract with the cheapest possible plan (500 minutes, no text, $20 data; the website lets me choose this for the phone). Keep it til I get the $200 rebate and then pay the $200 ETF. Free activivation, free shipping, I'd only be out 2-ish months of use and the ETF. There may be taxes on the ETF. I don't really like this one either.
    -Buy it on contract, use my S2 or in-box Exhibit ll with the plan sim card and the Note with my prepaid sim as a mini tablet. Ehh.

Thoughts? I don't see this getting sold for $300 on walmart.com like my S2 was. :D

Advertisement

2. bob60626

bob60626 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Male
    Chicago
  3. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Sep 5, 2012
    Male
    Civil Engineer
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Going to move this to the Device Comparison forum for you Bob.

Otherwise T-Mobile and AT&T work on the same radio frequencies so flashing a device over would be as simple as asking AT&T to Unlock it, if it doesn't come pre-unlocked and then putting the SIM card for T-Mobile in.

The Note one is a good device still and might be worth checking out for a little bit :)

ocnbrze likes this.