1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

wanting to get my contacts from my samsung s2

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    Hi,
    My samsung galaxy s2 has finally pooped itself screen wise, ( the phone still works but the screen is completely black) and im trying to find a way to get my contacts off it as I was stupid and forgot to save them to my sim :(
    Does anyone know how I could retrieve them?
    Or is there any way that I could connect my phone to a computer or any other screen device and see the actual phone screen through it? (like how you can when you connect a computer to a t.v using an hdmi cord)
    Please help me!!!

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    1) If you saved the contacts to Account, they're at Google Contacts No need to get them from the phone. (That's why all your contacts should be Account contacts.)

2) If you have an app already installed to run at boot (like MyPhoneExplorer) that mirrors the screen, run the desktop part and you're on the phone. If you haven't installed it, it's going to be difficult to get it running with no screen (even though you can install it by going to Google Play on your computer.

3) If you have a good relationship with your cellphone store owner, s/he can plug a used screen into the phone long enough to get the contacts off. Or have the screen replaced without a factory reset. (Local independent shops will, those affiliated with the manufacturer won't.)