• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root wanting to root my caged lion and set him free!!!

:thinking::mad::thinking::mad: idk if anyone is still out there in helpland but ive noticed that after the 2.2 i still have all of my apps in astro but idk how to get them back out. im a little clueless as to what to do next so im gonna go ahead and download the 2.3.15 cuz im a lil disappointed in how buggy 2.2 is. i need more help. my battery is running hot again now which i thought i fixed before the update. didnt look like the backups backed up anything for me.

Upvote 0
i know none of you are up at this hour but im having a slow night at work and i keep trying to get this dang thing figured out. it wont even let me download any the 2.3.XX's. gets to 99% had says it cant finish. poop. well im off work in an hour so i guess ill give up for now with my stock boring buggy 2.2. i had my phone set up beautifully and i feel like ive lost it all. i know i havent. i just dont know how to get it all out of the "vault". i have a softball game at 5 so ill be on here bugging everyone for help then....:(

Upvote 0
Told ya so. ;)

It takes me a few days to tweak everything on my phone, and every time I update or try something new, I'm back to square one again.

I first back up all apps, and that way I don;t forget which ones I really preferred. (Like which youtube downloader is best, which file browser I prefer, ect.)

Upvote 0
thank ya, jesus!!! im not alone!! yeah i got my launcherpro back so im a lil more hopeful now. but if everything is still on there somewhere, then why cant i just click on it and get it back instead of downloading again!?!? i just cant figure out why i cant get traquility or better now...i dont mind making the icons again but i had about 80 before i started this. what was the point of backing up if i just have to redo everything??

Upvote 0
Hey, sounds like you had a big night. Sorry no one was around to help.

Tough to tell for sure where you are at this point. Sounds like you got to 2.2 and got all your apps back through TiBu? What are you unhappy with on 2.2? What"bugs"? I haven't had any problems, and haven't seen many people reporting serious bugs with 2.2. Did you try powering on and off? When you restored with TiBu, did you just restore apps and user data, or did you restore system data?

If you give a little more detail about the problems you're having, there are amazing people here who can help you out.

Upvote 0
Having problems with my txts and contacts. Sound level is way lower even turned up all the way. I work overnights in a hospital so I understand that their aren't too many night owls out there. I was just getting mad that I could get this thing working for me right just yet. Ill try the tread and get back to you. thanks for coming back in to help me. You all are great! Oh....and tibu....restored apparently and data

Upvote 0
hello, I work nights, too. Last night I got my droid rooted, and then I was following your journey, Brandon, even though I couldn't help. I was having problems finding the first Froyo update too, and then I read where you had found it. So, I tried looking in the rom manager, but no dice. Then I got busy at work and couldn't do any more with my phone. So now I'm back, up all night, and still lost. I REALLY want to install this tonight!
Can you tell me exactly where you found the Froyo update? I can't connect to my work computer, so I can't download it that way... Also, I have all free versions of apps...
Thank you!
~reagin

Upvote 0
The original 2.2 can be found in rom manager, go to downld roms, then its under stock images. First look into getting titanium backup and back up your apps.

exactly. yes you can do everything from your phone. im back at work, yet again, after getting my ass stomped today by an inferior mens softball team...probably cuz i couldnt concentrate on throwing the cheddah. all i could think about was f-ing android systems. got her licked though. followed directions from above concerning the other thread and 2.3.13. seems to be working great now. still have root. android version says 2.2, system version says 2.3.13.MB810.Verizon.en.US. anything else i need to do? other than set this up like i want it? i dont have the sbf or anything else for that matter. flyX. is this the same version from black hat? i read on that thread that people had alot of trouble installing this but mine went smooth once i realized what the !android screen was all about.

Upvote 0
exactly. yes you can do everything from your phone. im back at work, yet again, after getting my ass stomped today by an inferior mens softball team...probably cuz i couldnt concentrate on throwing the cheddah. all i could think about was f-ing android systems. got her licked though. followed directions from above concerning the other thread and 2.3.13. seems to be working great now. still have root. android version says 2.2, system version says 2.3.13.MB810.Verizon.en.US. anything else i need to do? other than set this up like i want it? i dont have the sbf or anything else for that matter. flyX. is this the same version from black hat? i read on that thread that people had alot of trouble installing this but mine went smooth once i realized what the !android screen was all about.

right now your as far as i would go....FlyX will take you back to 2.3.9...i dont think you will notice a diff if you do that but id stay where you are....now it is time to get all the root apps you want set your phone up the way you like it and wait like the rest of us.....might want to ask what build.prop has just the market fix in it in ROM Manager....im not sure i installed mine through my PC.

next you can look in to installing any theme that you might want

Upvote 0
the only thing i noticed after flyx was possibly the market shows me more apps. idk if that was just coincidence or not. didnt really search much before that except when i was on 2.1. so far im pretty happy with it. want to set up my wifi hotspot but it says ill void my agreement with verizon. didnt i already do that when i rooted? havent really looked into themes much yet but i will. any suggestions

Upvote 0
Okay, maybe I'm really slow, but I finally found the update in rom manager (thank you, Brandon) and now I can't get it to do anything. I rebooted, etc, but nothing. I see advice in other threads about moving and renaming files to make the upgrade stick, but I don't know how to get to those files. What am I missing? I feel like an idiot!

~ reagin

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones