• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wanting to use old Cell Phone as Bluetooth Headset

Paltas

Mar 16, 2010
I have been lurking around these forums lately, as I've yet to make the move to a smart phone. Android is appealing to me, and I'm leaning toward the HTC Incredible.

My problem is that I'm the proud parent of a 2 1/2 year old destroyer:eek:.... er, boy. We use my cell phone to stay in touch with the grandparents, and I'm leary of setting him loose on a shiny new touch screen device. (I dial, he babbles.)

I'd love to take my current cell phone (an LG Decoy LG Decoy VX8610 Cell Phones & Mobile Phones - LG Electronics US) and turn it into a bluetooth headset of sorts. That way I could connect it to the smart phone and hand it over without any worries. Has anyone tried anything like this?

I tried some google searching, and all I could find was something called Magic Blue Hack. (Not going to link this or recommend anyone seek it out, as I don't have any clue about it's legitimacy.) But it claims to be an application which lets you make calls through another bluetooth phone. It's kind of the opposite of what I'm looking for, but does anyone know anything about it?

If all else fails, it might be pretty funny to let him use the retro bluetooth handset from think geek.

TLDR:

Anyone have info on using an old cell phone as a bluetooth headset for a smart phone?

Is anyone familiar with an app called Magic Blue Hack for make calls through another bluetooth cell phone?

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones