1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Warm Two point Two kernel?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by goodboy, Oct 27, 2010.

1. goodboy

goodboy Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2010
    After a brief hiccup yesterday I managed to flash, with Rom Manager, TpT on my Evo. Since it gave me the option of using Kings #11 CFS, I gave it a shot but it caused screen tearing all over the place. I re-flashed with just the Rom itself and its been working great, but the kernel is still the stock HTC #11.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't TpT supposed to come with a custom kernel from Adrynalyne(from what I gathered by reading on other forum posts)?

Advertisement

2. timdsmith72

timdsmith72 New Member

Jun 22, 2010
    No, it comes with the stock HTC kernel. At least RLS 2 does.

3. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

May 31, 2010
    OH--IO
    What Tim said...HTC 11 is stock kernel

4. goodboy

Oct 21, 2010
    Thanks, that clears up a lot. I guess I'll try some other kernels.

5. Kings 11 is working well for me. It could be unrelated but #9 was none too kind on my battery. 11 is quick and stable with good battery.

6. pinoy724

pinoy724 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2010
    I 2nd that. Way better battery than Kings#9. Charged phone all night, unplugged at 7:30am got to work at 10am with light usage inbetween, still at 98%.

7. goodboy

Oct 21, 2010
    I flashed #11 earlier today and at first it was sluggish beyond belief. I got tired of flashing and re-flashing that I left the phone alone for a few minutes. When I got back to it it was smooth, very smooth. MY Quadrant scores were ~1300, 200 higher than on stock.

I'm using it with TpT at the moment and when the phones not in use, the battery life doesn't drop. But after a few texts and some doodle jumping it drops a few points :(.

I am using SetCPU with it, but only to down clock when the screen is off. The governors are set to conservative.

Tags: