• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Warning: Be careful with JuiceDefender

SquirrelNuts

Dec 27, 2011
Florida
I had an LG Esteem with CWM and PG's Kernel. Working flawless for a couple days, then I enabled JuiceDefender Ultimate and installed the AOSP helper. Couple hours latter, no 4G. Unlike others with the same issue, mine did not come back. Uninstalled JD, flashed nandroid backup, wiped everything imaginable, flashed to ZVB Stock ROM.... Nothing. Took to Metro, they screwed around with it and 4G would still not come back. Ended up getting a replacement, which now has reboot issue lol.

I'm not an expert so I don't know for sure if it was JD, but I've seen a couple threads around the web, and I lost it after installing JD. Maybe the radio fried, who knows.

So... just be careful...

Forgot to mention I tried that. It hung on "loading settings" or something like that for 10+ minutes (maybe I didn't wait long enough?). All the LTE settings were blank like it couldn't read the radio.

It's not supposed to say loading settings. Try reinstalling any cut and then installing it again. make sure your select "activities" . And all the activities should appear. After it finish loading scroll down until you see lte configuration...

Upvote 0
JD Ultimate does have root access.

I have a new phone, so i can't test the any cut again. Your right though, it just reboots. I tried some of the other LTE shortcuts after i still didn't have 4G, and that's were it just said loading settings and acted like i didn't have a 4G radio.

If no one else has permanently lost 4G... Then maybe i'm just idiot : )

Just trying to prevent someone else from reining their phone.

Upvote 0
I had that same problem before with juice defender so it might be that. It have something dealing with when you choose juice defender to switch between 2g 3g or 4g but I just installed the lte and change it from cmda back to lte evdo cdma and it fix the 4g problem

That's the same option i tried to use. I'm not sure what you mean by "installed the LTE", but that doesn't sound like something i tried.

Upvote 0
Its an app on the market one of them don't work but thunderbolt lte does just scroll down to the bottom and you will see an option to change between three or four different options so if it happen to you again try that or send me a message

SON OF A @#$&!!!!! That was my issue! When i look at my settings, i see LTE. On the phone i returned, i remember it saying CDMA blah blah. Now i'm suck with this freaking reboot machine.

I still don't understand how data reset, clear cache, and flashing a backup didn't change it back. I'm so pissed i didn't find this app before (its called LTE On/Off). Thanks dude, your a genius....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones