1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support WARNING for all Droid2 owners with gingerbread!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by funkytwnallstar, Sep 6, 2011.

1. funkytwnallstar

None

Aug 23, 2010
    Warehouse Shipping and Club Promoter
    Fort Worth, TX
    My phone WAS in perfect working condition, i also used to work for the company that refurbished (which is a joke) verizon cell phones so i know what im doing and how to fix them:

I got the GB update and everything was working fine, i went out Sunday night with some friends without a phone charger and woke up saturday morning to an almost dead battery but my phone was still fine. It completely died a little bit later and now it takes about 45 of being on the charger just to turn on, then as soon as it does turn on the white light indicating charging goes off and the phone will shut back down.

I am now stuck with a phone that does not work at all and given the fact my warranty was up i am now expecting my Incredible 2 in the mail tomorrow.

I cant say this will happen to everybody, but i am pretty sure you wouldnt want to chance it and find out.

Advertisement

2. funkytwnallstar

None

Aug 23, 2010
    Warehouse Shipping and Club Promoter
    Fort Worth, TX
    Ok im stupid i found a way to rig it back on. Take out the battery, connect it to the charger, then it will show the battery icon with ?. After that put the battery back in and LET IT CHARGE and then you will be able to turn it back on.

Oh well at least i got a new phone.

mindytyson3 likes this.
  3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Moving this to the DROID 2 forums for better visibility by D2 users / owners.