1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories Warning! hedocell.com cases

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pank, Oct 15, 2010.

1. pank

pank Guest
    None
    Be VERY careful where you purchase your cases from...

I bought what they claimed to be a case for my Droid X and it was a total scam. Their customer support is 100% awful and they would not refund or exchange the case.

I even sent them the attached picture to show them the so called Droid X case is way to skinny and not nearly tall enough for the phone to fit in. This was clearly stated on their site as a case for the Droid X.

I will never purchase anything from hedocell.com again.
    Just a heads up...

Attached Files:

Advertisement

Outlaw71 likes this.
  2. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert
    None

Jan 3, 2010
    Male
    Jr. I.T. Support Tech @ Amazon
    Plainfield, Indiana
    Sorry to hear that, that really sucks. I would call back and ask for a manager, I feel for you. It probably won't help but if they continue to say no you could let out some frustration. :)

3. Dabitz

Dabitz Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 17, 2010
    Accounting Supervisor
    NJ
    Put a claim on your credit card, at some point they will contact you by phone to get your evidence then you can send them this picture along with other emails. If you paid with echeck I don't think there is nothing you can do.

4. mazz0310

mazz0310 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    They clearly mark it as for Droid X, but in the picture it is clearly a Droid.

[​IMG]

5. pank

pank Guest
    None
    Unfortunately I paid via PayPal... I opened a claim but for tangible items you are only protected for shipments, not some crappy website selling you something they obviously are wrong about.

6. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

Jul 15, 2010
    TN
    Maybe they thought he meant Droid [X], as in...

I own a(n)
    Droid [X]
    Inc [ ]
    Iphone[ ]

7. pank

pank Guest
    None
  8. tom108

tom108 Android Expert
    None

i feel for ya. maybe try selling it on ebay as a D1 or D2 case. ;)

9. raqball

raqball Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 2, 2010
    Contact your State Attorney General... I know it's only $6 but don't let them take your money and run without a fight...

10. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Android Expert
    None

May 6, 2010
    Male
    Honolulu, HI
    The only thing that you can feel somewhat lucky about is it was only $5.99. (well, plus the shipping too, hopefully it wasn't to much)

I feel for ya buddy. Thanks for posting the info..... you may have saved someone from getting burnt. It is appreciated,

11. pank

pank Guest
    None
    Yeah, I'm out $10 so it's not the end of the world. Just very very angry with this company and I thought I'd warn everybody so nobody else gets scammed.

12. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Android Expert
    None

Sep 7, 2010
    FL
    Yep, its the principle. People don't want to take the time for 6 bucks but that's how they get away with it, they don't take you for hundreds just 6, and from thousands of people it adds up fast.

13. pank

pank Guest
    None
    Agree 100%.

14. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Android Expert
    None

Sep 7, 2010
    FL
    Owner Hector Duhart phone # (956)587-9188. I say spam the # everywhere so he gets bombarded wiry calls

15. dhoffman1421

dhoffman1421 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 27, 2010
    Software Professional
    SF Bay Area
    Call your General Postmaster. Believe it or not this is mail fraud.

16. tsanuri

tsanuri Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 5, 2010
    Not really if you understand how BBB rating work it is a scam on their part. If you refuse to contact them about something they will ding you. And if you are not a member they will ding you. So it is a way for them to make money off a business. And it can be a tool to use but it is not nearly as reliable as most people want you to think it is.

17. tom108

tom108 Android Expert
    None

and looks like there is only one person in the US with that name so this is probably him in TX
    Twitter
    Hector Duhart | Facebook

18. bobomatic

bobomatic Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 17, 2010
    Male
    Bullhead City AZ
    he looks like a child molester!!!!! i would say someone in texas should walk in the front door and slap the first person they see..then shake your finger at them and say, shame on you...but i live less the 10 miles from a motorola bldg. so if i did what i ask of others my hand and fingers would be wore out!!

19. bobomatic

bobomatic Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 17, 2010
    Male
    Bullhead City AZ
    nice looking counter top..:) been remolding. ive spent to much time at home depot if im noticing that stuff:p

20. twister6

twister6 Android Expert

Jul 30, 2010
    Sorry to hear about this. Did they even reply back to you? Don't give up, keep pushing to get your money back. Doesn't matter if its $5 or $10. A few month ago I had an issue with one of the cases I ordered off eBay; the case was too small although speced for DX. Even so the whole case was only $4, I sent it back for exchange and the seller replaced it and even credited back the return shipping cost. That gets my Respect!!! In your case, it could have been an honest mistake with a typo in product description, so they have to accept it and refund it. Have no idea what they are thinking :thinking:

21. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Android Expert
    None

Yeah I spend more than $6 bucks a day on Redbull, but that's not the point. When you order something over the internet like that there is always some excitement to getting your package, opening it up and using it for the first time. Part of that excitement is knowing that by smartly researching the internet you were able to save yourself a few bucks.

So when you've waited a few days for your purchase to get delivered to your door... and the damn thing is a scam, well that would really roast my nuts. I don't care if they only charged you 6 cents for it, if it doesn't fit the damn phone then why are we wasting our time on it period, right? Go ahead and throw the book at them. I'll make sure to never click on their link if I ever see that name on a google search.

Thanks for the warning.

22. flash4866

flash4866 Lurker
    None

Oct 20, 2010
    You're not the only one pank ... I got screwed as well. I've recently filed a claim with Paypal. I'll post back and let everyone know how it works out.

23. flash4866

flash4866 Lurker
    None

Oct 20, 2010
    Well ... so much for that idea. Paypal just said they can't/won't do anything about it.

24. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Android Expert
    None

Jun 15, 2010
    I've had BBB complaints against my office. Like 3 or 4 over a 14-year time period. It comes with the territory. All of them so far have been bogus complaints. I sent letters to them stating my position and things were fine after that. But with a company that doesn't care, the BBB has no leverage to do anything other than giving a rating.
    Very few people check BBB ratings. So basically the BBB is a useless organization IMHO.
    I do not subscribe to them any longer, because it is of no benefit to any company to be a member of it(other than having a plaque in your establishment....big whoop!!). You're gonna get a rating based soley on complaints anyway.

But, in your case you are being ripped off for sure. good luck and like said, don't let them off the hook.

BTW, you have just reached more people with this post than the BBB could do in a lifetime.