• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WARNING: Is your property contaminated with this?

Bob Maxey

Android Expert
Sep 24, 2010
Are you safe? Is your food and water supply polluted with Dihydrogen Monoxide? I have asked our local water control people about this and they say not to worry. Apparently in areas where there is a KNOWN and PROVABLE and SUBSTANTIAL amount of this compound, they are not telling the public.

Dihydrogen Monoxide Research Division - dihydrogen monoxide info

Are your children and pets protected? I am worried about this. The link above tells the story. But basically,

"Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) is a colorless and odorless chemical compound, also referred to by some as Dihydrogen Oxide, Hydrogen Hydroxide, Hydronium Hydroxide, or simply Hydric acid. Its basis is the highly reactive hydroxyl radical, a species shown to mutate DNA, denature proteins, disrupt cell membranes, and chemically alter critical neurotransmitters. The atomic components of DHMO are found in a number of caustic, explosive and poisonous compounds such as Sulfuric Acid, Nitroglycerine and Ethyl Alcohol."

Here is the MSDS:

Material Safety Data Sheet for Dihydrogen Monoxide

I'm going to need to see if Mrs Presidente falls for that.

18-blood-pack-III.jpg

http://androidforums.com/lounge/625807-undead-den.html

Upvote 0
Johnny was a chemist's son.
But Johnny is no more.
For what Johnny thought was H2O.
Was H2SO4.

I know how Johnny feels. Well, I am not dead, unless this is hell. Come to think of it, it is warmer than usual. Perhaps I did die after mixing and grinding together things like potassium perchlorate and magnesium powder.

Bob was a Army demolitions guy's son
But Bobby is no more
He did not give a rats arse because he knew better than his dad
So he severely burned his face when he was a kid.

Or something like that, :eek: I know, it does not rhyme.

Hey . . . my spell checker does not check the smiles, so how do I know if they are spelled correctly?

Upvote 0
You know . . . when I post my warnings about Dihydrogen Monoxide, you are not supposed to blow the gag. Come on gang . . . my goal is to rile up some non-chemists and I cannot very well do that if you post the punch lines, can I? Sheesh!!!

We know you can Google and sound smart (SMILEY) so let the gag ride and lets gather the rubes, OK?

Seriously, I do have a warning and it is deadly serious this time. I read in the Wall Street Journal just last week about a rubber manufacturing plant located in Narnia that is dumping large quantities of Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious DiMethyl Hydroxide containing large qualties of a heavy metal called Slayer Monoxide. Anyone else hear about that?

Upvote 0
just to annoy Bob... if this thread was started over at cultofmac, it would have caused a big panic.

Hold on . . . I am on my way. I need to get the word out. Perhaps I can sell test strips on eBay? Or a chemical indicator containing dye. Just place a drop of DMH Test Dye ($46.50 plus shipping) in a glass of water and stir. If the water turns blue, you are contaminated.

Upvote 0
Johnny saw some dynamite
Didn't understand it quite
Curiosity never pays
It rained Johnny seven days

LOL . . Never saw that one before.

The only one I remember is:

Ma Loved Pa, Pa loved wimmen
Ma caught pa with two in swimming
Here lies pa.

Not related to chemistry, but I do not care!

Perhaps it does, come to think . . . the chemistry of love can be volitle, too.

Upvote 0
Scientists aren't sure on the extent of the issue, but there is evidence to show that many humans are carrying dihydrogen monoxide in their bloodstream.

I saw a report on the History Channel last night that it comes from alien DNA.

You know, I wasn't worried until you said that. ;)

Don't like yours thinned down? :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones