1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

warning message on the start up screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by djaydasari, Sep 10, 2011.

1. djaydasari

djaydasari Lurker

hi,

I have bought a new Samsung galaxy S2 and when I turn it ON I find a warning symbol on the screen..I have posted the pic below of the screen as it appears during the start up...

" http : // s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k501/djaydasari/ "

I haven' found any problem with the functioning of the phone in anyway due to this but wanted to find out why is it showing that way??

I am unable to connect to the KIES using the USB cable for updating the contacts and other things..could this be a reason behind it??

Any help is really appreciated...

THanks a lot,
    Dhananjay

Advertisement

2. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert

hmm. have u rooted ur phone? or did u buy it used or something? that warning triangle symbol usually comes after u've rooted ur phone.. there's a way of removing it, but u shouldnt have it if its brand new, and u didnt root it urself

djaydasari likes this.
  3. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert

Yup, heshanj is correct.

This symbol means that an insecure (ie rooted) kernel has been installed. If you didn't do it yourself, something fishy is going on.

If you did, then it's easy enough to remove. Go to the All Things Root sub-forum here and follow the rooting guide. It's simple enough to do.

djaydasari likes this.
  4. djaydasari

djaydasari Lurker

Hey heshanj and lotus49 thanks a lot for your quick reply... I never thought Ill get to see replies so soon..

I have got it as a brand new mobile...but it was sent to me from UK...it was through 3.co.uk website..

Im not sure what do u mean by rooted the phone..if the fone is unlocked does that mean it was rooted?? is it really dangerous n insecure ??

also could it be the reason for the KIES not getting connected with this phone??

sorry for being less techy :)

Thanks a lot again..any quick steps to get rid of the warning message will be helpful..

DJay

5. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert

rooting is a process that gives u access to pretty much everything in ur phone (root access). its a process that generally voids ur warranty... and u should never get a brand new phone thats rooted. most of us users root the phone anyway, but this means that ur phone has been used before u bought it.

i havent used Kies since the first day i got my phone so i dont know why its not connecting, but i assume that since the yellow warning triangle is showing on boot, ur using an insecure kernel and ur phone isnt being detected by Kies.

do u see an app called Superuser on ur phone, in the app drawer? an app called CWM?

depending on which method ur phone was rooted, u can remove the warning. but i cant remember how to check if ur rooted with CF root or superoneclick.. anyone? :D i think if u have CWM app in ur app drawer, then u've rooted with CF root. let me know so i can post the relevant instructions to remove it

6. djaydasari

djaydasari Lurker

Hi heshanj,

I find Superuser app in the app tray...by new phone I meant this fone was sent to me from UK by my brother...not sure if he installed it or his friend did it..

does that warning icon really harm me or will that void my warranty?? if I successfully or if I unroot myself back will the warranty be valid?

I am really happy to see the answers so quickly...i dont find this happening in other forums..

Thanks a lot
    DJay

7. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert

hmm well ucould ask him. rooting does void warranty generally, and even if u unroot it, its probably not good enough. anyway, dont worry about it, ur phone will be fine :)

if u see the superuser app and not CWM, u were probably rooted using superoneclick. if possible, u could ask ur bro if he rooted it, and using which method, to be sure. u can remove the yellow warning by going to this link
    [ROM + Guide]Official i9100 Firmwares KF1/2/3/4/, KG1/2/3/5/6/7, KH1/2/3/4 Download - xda-developers
    u need to just flash the stock kernel for ur firmware, using Odin, in the last step of the Quick Root guide in that link.. hope this helps

8. djaydasari

djaydasari Lurker

heshanj thanks again for the suggestions...I will give it a try whenever possible...

but I would like to know if it is a major problem if I am unable to get rid of the warning sign or am I good to go with it?does my phone work normally with the rooting of the user thing??

in case if it takes a longer time for me to run through all the steps in the guide is it fine ???My bro is not sure and will check with his friend about it...

but is it really unlocked or some one has unlocked it?? cos his friend says it was an unlocked phone..

thanks for answering to the questions patiently...:)

DJay

9. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert

the yellow triangle shouldnt affect ur phone's perfornace, i dont think u'll have any problems with it. but u might want to know wat firmare ur running: type *#1234# in the phone's dialer and see wat u get

im not sure if ur phone is unlocked or not, unlocking and rooting are two different things. ur phone is definitely rooted, and although that might void ur warranty, u'll notice there's a lot more u can actually do with a rooted phone :D