1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

WARNING:This device's Andriod ID has changed.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JumpinJupiter, Jun 24, 2013.

1. JumpinJupiter

JumpinJupiter Android Enthusiast

Hello all. I backup up my apps from a previous MIUI install via Superbackup. I reinstalled everything and it seems to be okay except for the notfication I get when I open up Titianium Backup.

It gives me the new Andriod ID and the Old Andriod ID and offers to install the Old one here is what it says

"This normally happens after a device replacement or factory reset. The Andriod ID is the most common way for apps to identify the device. Any app that relies on it for secuiry/licensing purposes may stop working(or need to be reconfigured) unless you restore the previous ID now.

what should I do?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat

They just implemented this for people that want to keep their Android ID.
    For instance, whenever you do a full wipe Google Music will tell you to authorize the device again. Since soon, they will limit the device changes per year this won't be a problem if you can keep your ID

Some developers use Android ID as a way to ensure that you are "you" in some way instead of asking for your hardware id numbers like IMEI or MEID. It's also the way Google recommends to developers for determining who is who for whatever reason. It normally gets reset every time you flash a new ROM or go back to stock.

It shouldn't affect performance if you keep or change the ID.

3. JumpinJupiter

JumpinJupiter Android Enthusiast

Thanks I just keep the new one because I was afraid it might make a conflict or something. by the way what really gets me is the "Any app that relies on it for secuiry/
    licensing purposes may stop working" Does it mean that Apps have some kind of Security Hole? Should I be worried? Thanks!

4. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat

No it just means there are some paid apps that may limit the number of devices it can be loaded on and relies on the id to verify the device. It's not a security hole, more of a security feature.

5. miediev

miediev Android Enthusiast

Some security apps keep track of that number to see if someone's been tampering with your phone software; trying to wipe it or reflash it, etc. I usually let it install the old one just so none of my apps fuss at me. I've never had any real problems either way; except I used to have the avast security app on my phone and if I didn't restore my old ID it would set off an alarm with a message box saying my phone had been stolen... A very loud alarm, and it would actually shout out that the phone had been stolen.

TheBritton likes this.

LG Optimus Elite Forum

The LG Optimus Elite release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews