• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[warning] update being pushed [warning] -- read!

There is a new update being pushed over the air to the Ally, the update fixes root so do not update if you want to keep velocity and/or root access!!!

I thought velocity rom and dreseldee's recovery had ota updates disabled. I remember dres saying the recovery uses public keys, not the one LG uses, thus a phone with his recovery will not receive ota updates.

Correct me if I'm wrong? I'm pretty sure that was what he said.

Upvote 0
I thought velocity rom and dreseldee's recovery had ota updates disabled. I remember dres saying the recovery uses public keys, not the one LG uses, thus a phone with his recovery will not receive ota updates.

Correct me if I'm wrong? I'm pretty sure that was what he said.

Trident said in some other topic that velocity had ota

Upvote 0
I may be able to get the update zip file. my father has the same phone and i told him to let me know when the update gets pushed to his phone

It would be cool If you would upload the update files so I can manually update my ally, I'm really interested in seeing how (if at all) they worked on the 50% bug, because right now my cell stand by is running at 65%... I have the 65% bug.. lol... But if you could upload the update files that would be grand, thanks

Upvote 0
I guess the update wont start rolling out until 11:59 or atleast that's what the mod said in the other thread, So does anyone know how they select the devices to push the update to or is it just random? by usage? or what?

Use *#*#CHECKIN*#*# at 11:59 would be a good idea

Might be #*#*checkin#*#* I always forget

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones