1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support warp music turned on by itself? ringtones..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Danny80, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Danny80

Danny80 Newbie
    None

Dec 30, 2011
    Elderly caregiver
    Newport Beach, ca
    the ring tones i made last night( took me like an hour and a half) just stopped working on my phone? and i dont know how to re add them ... what do i do? im very new to android ..

Advertisement

2. shunter7

shunter7 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 17, 2011
    Can you give some more detail. What program are you using? What program did you use to create the ring tones? Did you check your Sound settings to see if that ring tone is set for the specific situation you are encountering?

3. Knoxville363

Knoxville363 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 24, 2011
    www.youtube.com/knoxville363
    Chicago, IL
    I would suggest you use easy mp3 downloader. You can easily download songs and make your ringtones in a matter of minutes even if you are a beginner. Also you can just access your files through the root of your SD card (aka pluggin it in to your pc). If you did not delete them, they are still on your SD card.

Marknderm likes this.
  4. EasilyConfused

None

Feb 12, 2011
    My music turns on by itself twice a day on average since the b08 update. Very weird. It usually happens when I unplug my head phones.

WC Jerome likes this.
  5. aaanadie

aaanadie Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Male
    Webmaster of 1Energy1 Inc
    I got my ZTE Warp already with B08 update and 1 or 2 times a day have that weird thing.

6. MrADubb

MrADubb Lurker
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    College Student/Cab driver
    South Troy, NY
    Same here

7. warpid

warpid Lurker
    None

May 9, 2011
    the only think i can work is to go to Settings, Applications, Manage applications, All, slide down to Music, and Force stop. that my NOT be the correct answer, but it works for me. i do that everytime after i use the music and have not have a problem yet!:D

8. primetech

primetech Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 5, 2011
    Tonight I stumbled into my room in the dark. I had been watching Cheech and Chong on my phone earlier, but when I returned to my room the phone was silent. Then I might have hit the Power button, maybe the Camera button by accident, but suddenly Powerman 5000 was playing, and not very quietly.

What? The Music app shouldn't have been opened at all, because my phone crashes too much to have kept it running. I also haven't set any ringtones as the device isn't meant to be used on a service.

9. n0ve

n0ve Android Expert
    None

Feb 21, 2012
    Male
    Insert witty statement here
    Upstate New York
    Once you download Play Music app , (the updated one that's required for google play store music downloads), this problem stops, as long as you freeze/uninstall the stock music app.

10. primetech

None

Feb 5, 2011
    Thanks, I guessed as much. I think this has to do with headphones, since they were the common denominator the two times this has happened to me.

Likewise, the Music app would be the one playing the music. Remove the app and the problem won't occur...thanks for the insight, although I bet any alternative music app would do.

I still want to know WHY this occurs though... Another case of seriously bad software design on ZTE's part.

11. WC Jerome

WC Jerome Well-Known Member
    None

That same things has happened to, as well. What is up with that?! :thinking:

12. primetech

None

Feb 5, 2011
    Can anybody verify whether this is happening when you use headphones with your Warp? That's the only way it ever happened to me, both times.

13. jseger9000

jseger9000 Member
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    Texas
    It happened to me once and I have never used any headphones with my Warp at all. As long as it doesn't happen when I have my phone in silent mode at work.

14. jseger9000

jseger9000 Member
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    Texas
    But Ringtones I have never had a problem with. I use Audacity to make a ringtone from a much longer song (currently it's a section from the theme to Pee-Wee's Big Adventure) and email the MP3 to myself. I have had no problems using MP3s as ringtones whether I leave them in the default /sdcard/email folder or the /sdcard/music/ringtones folder I made.

I hear how Android is so much more difficult than iOS, but let me tell you, I have created a couple of ringtones for my friend's iPhone 4 and it is a b!tch to do.

Next time an Apple fan tells you Android is too complicated, ask them to try to make their own ringtone.

15. primetech

None

Feb 5, 2011
    There's also an app called RingDroid, although I'd hate to challenge an artsy Apple fan to a duel. You could be hipster'ed to death.

My Warp started playing music, well audio, only on those situations though. Was it just being woken up? D:

16. jseger9000

jseger9000 Member
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    Texas
    You ever get the feeling that Apple is where they are mainly because they stroke their customer's self-image?

They've somehow convinced people who like to think they are individualists and unique thinkers to buy the most locked-down system available.

17. primetech

None

Feb 5, 2011
    I'd advise you to cut the anti-Apple talk here because mods may deem it off-topic. :p

18. androidadam455

None

Jul 25, 2011
    Indiana
    My warp keeps reverting back to random stock ringtones. I never remove the SD card.

n0ve's suggestion helped for the random playing problem (thx) Would add to remove widget for the stock music app and use Google music widget.

Other sound issue: recording a video, press the button to stop recording, random music starts playing.

AudioGuru adds some nice buttons to switch between sound profiles you create. Vibrate only seems to be the best solution for all these issues.

19. n0ve

n0ve Android Expert
    None

Feb 21, 2012
    Male
    Insert witty statement here
    Upstate New York
    when you say reverting to stock ringtones, your saying that you go to settings, sound, call tone, and all you see in the list is your stock ringtones?...You can always put a copy of your tones in the system /media folder...i believe you need to be rooted though..its system -> media ->audio -> ringtones , but if you keep the tones on your sd card, make sure they are in a folder named media ( create one if necessary) then inside media have two separate folders one for notifications, and one for ringtones.

as far as the random music playing....it happens to me still as well sometimes, but i realized i hadn't Frozen the music app again after a rom flash, my temporary fix was via an app called Autostarts, and they have Music listed with tons of strange events to start the app, i disabled them all...Autostarts is def a good app to have in general....hope some of this helps.

Trimbaud likes this.
  20. Trimbaud

Trimbaud Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    Male
    Collector
    Pennsylvania
    I had music autostart occasionally, but not enough to worry about. It is a warp, afterall, and whenever it doesn't shut down I'm thankful.
    Yesterday, a podcast i downloaded through doggcatcher started on its own like 5 times. I have a few different players-but none were running when i checked the services settings.
    Most strange, each time I swiped the notification bar, it stopped!
    I did not know about the Autostarts so-I'll check it out

21. justtom

justtom Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 12, 2012
    North East Pa. USA...
    IF you are not using the stock launcher and who does ? Make sure that you did not install the replacment one over any music player or audio app widgets""dogcatcher as one"this will cause the occasional ghost start ups.

Trimbaud likes this.
  22. godraw

godraw Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 24, 2011
    Male
    Retired Michigan Gravel Trains Driver
    S.W. Lower Michigan
    re: music begins playing on it's own

I had bought some silicone dust plugs/covers for the headphone jack as I don't use the jack and I work in a very very dusty environment.

Longish but shorter than a headphone plug, they're also a secure fit. Unfortunately, with one pushed in to protect from dust my player would begin at random times.

Repeatable, when I remove the plug this abnormal behavior ceases.

As silicone is non-conductive, I'm assuming there's a micro switch within the jack to sense insertion that is the cause of this occasional and erratic playing

23. Cowzaar

Cowzaar Lurker
    None

Jul 29, 2012
    My daughter, who users headphones more than most living beings, says this happens to her when she has Google Play Music paused but running in background. If she watches a YouTube video, Google Play will resume where it left off sometimes.

This is on B08c.