• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Warranty bit: recovery

Buks

Lurker
Aug 29, 2021
Good day,
I've tried to update my old note 10.1, downloaded Twrp, followed the instructions. When my tablet restarted the message "warranty bit: recovery" appeared. I followed another set of instructions, used odun 3 to complete the process, al went fine up to that point. Once it restarted that message appeared again. Now I can turn the tablet off, nor can I access anything, my pc doesn't recognise the tablet. Is there a way to fix this... Pls thank you

TX, I can't boot into recovery or download boot, it's just stuck at that screen that says: warranty bit: recovery... It doesn't want to switch off either, I have to remove the battery... After I've installed Twrp it booted up, I then did a reset, from the software, it restarted and since is stuck at that page. I'll post a picture later... Tx for your help, much appreciated

Upvote 0
T
I wanted a new os, the current version does not support certain software I want to use..
Could you be more specific and provide some pertinent details? Vague references can only result in equally vague suggestions.
-- What is the specific model I.D. of your Note 10.1? (i.e. some have a SCH-i925x designation, some GT-N80xx)
-- Where did you obtain the ROM you used, and are you sure that it specifically matched your model? ROMs are not interchangeable between different models or different variants, they are very specific.
-- It's also vital you used the correct version of TWRP. They're also model specific. There's an Exynos and a Qualcomm version of TWRP for Note 10.1 devices.

From your description, it sounds like either the flashing process failed in some way (posting the end result Odin log might reveal something notable) or you used a ROM that doesn't match your model I.D. Flashing an incorrect ROM will result in something like that a boot loop or failure to boot up at all -- with no working operating system your Note can't boot up so it just fail. Try downloading the appropriate Samsung stock ROM from sammobile or frija, flash that onto your Note to restore it back to working condition. Flashing a stock, Samsung ROM will install a clean copy of Android and a stock Recovery so when you get your Note working again, you'll need to start over if you want to root and install a custom ROM again. Just be sure everything you flash onto it is for your specific model.

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
or
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-frija-samsung-firmware-downloader-checker.3910594/

Upvote 0
T

Could you be more specific and provide some pertinent details? Vague references can only result in equally vague suggestions.
-- What is the specific model I.D. of your Note 10.1? (i.e. some have a SCH-i925x designation, some GT-N80xx)
-- Where did you obtain the ROM you used, and are you sure that it specifically matched your model? ROMs are not interchangeable between different models or different variants, they are very specific.
-- It's also vital you used the correct version of TWRP. They're also model specific. There's an Exynos and a Qualcomm version of TWRP for Note 10.1 devices.

From your description, it sounds like either the flashing process failed in some way (posting the end result Odin log might reveal something notable) or you used a ROM that doesn't match your model I.D. Flashing an incorrect ROM will result in something like that a boot loop or failure to boot up at all -- with no working operating system your Note can't boot up so it just fail. Try downloading the appropriate Samsung stock ROM from sammobile or frija, flash that onto your Note to restore it back to working condition. Flashing a stock, Samsung ROM will install a clean copy of Android and a stock Recovery so when you get your Note working again, you'll need to start over if you want to root and install a custom ROM again. Just be sure everything you flash onto it is for your specific model.

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
or
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-frija-samsung-firmware-downloader-checker.3910594/
Thank you, I'll be able to provide you with details tomorrow, much appreciated.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones