• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Warranty in EU?

qqtba

Jul 12, 2009
I am going to Italy at end of july and thought that I could buy a Galaxy while there. If something happens to my phone or it is already broken in the box, will I be able to return it to any official samsung retailer IN FINLAND (EU country as well) even if they dont have the phone yet?

If not, what should I do and where should I return it?

I know this is a tricky one :thinking:

Normally there's some consumer protection in the country. Eg for the UK you can return it for a refund or straight swap to the store you bought it from within 7 days if you ordered it online and it arrived broken, or even if you didnt like it. That would apply to you as well if you were in the EU and ordered it from the UK (another EU country). BUT you would be responsible for getting it back to the UK.

So in short, you would have to send it back to the italian shop you got it from.

However the normal 2 year waranty would apply and you could send it to your regional repair center in your country to have it repaired under waranty.

Really, if you are buying it in italy, you would surely power it up and check it first. The chances of a major fault once u get back are pretty small then. If I were you I would buy a local sim in italy, or roam yours and use it during your holiday. That way if it has a subtle fault you can swap it before you come back home.

BTW its august now.. surely you dont mean july next year :p

Upvote 0
Thanks!

Yes, I should think this trough first. I'll email to samsung-finland today to lighten things up.

Really, if you are buying it in italy, you would surely power it up and check it first. The chances of a major fault once u get back are pretty small then. If I were you I would buy a local sim in italy, or roam yours and use it during your holiday. That way if it has a subtle fault you can swap it before you come back home.

Yes, that should minimize the risk.

I have 3 options
1) Wait and suffer for x amount of time as the phone finally lands on my country
2) Order it from Germany and take some kind of risk (sotel or handyatacke?)
3) Buy it from Italy and take a risk as well

BTW its august now.. surely you dont mean july next year :p

Woops! I should probably go to sleep now :rolleyes:

How's your Galaxy btw? Do you have the reboot problem with the faulty firmware? Does the package version have the same problem or is it just with the updated phones?

Upvote 0
Yeah i have the reboot problem. I updated the firmware before i read all the problems :(

It doesnt happen with the default firmware out of the box. I'm sure samsung will fix it really soon. The ammount of support requests the operators must be getting about these phones must be rediculous!

Upvote 0
Yeah i have the reboot problem. I updated the firmware before i read all the problems :(

It doesnt happen with the default firmware out of the box. I'm sure samsung will fix it really soon. The ammount of support requests the operators must be getting about these phones must be rediculous!

Yeah, I hope you get it fixed soon.

Just one quick one: Suchergebnisse : sotel.de

How do those Galaxies differ from each other?

The other one is unlocked and the other "no simlock". Which one should I get?

Upvote 0
I quess I'll buy it from handyattacke since they offer paymet via credit card, which is, I think the safest way to buy things on internet.

But thanks anyway, I'll order the phone tonight and hope that I'll get soon :)

That logo probably means theres no simlock of any kind :p
simlock_ha.png

Upvote 0
sotel take paypal. But yes 1000000000000% ALWAYS pay by credit card. Even if you have a debit card (bank card with visa symbol) use a real credit card.

Debit cards don't give you the same protection as credit cards!

handyattacke didnt reply back to me when i contacted them, but others have ordered from there without any problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones