• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

warranty question

HAT MAN

Dec 14, 2009
so.. My wife dropped her moto droid in the toilet and it wont turn on. i mean nothing. She wants my eris but its not happening.

Verizon wants me to take it to the store so they can see what is wrong and then warranty it.

My question is this, it has dried out for about a week now, will they tell it was wet and not warranty it?

so.. My wife dropped her moto droid in the toilet and it wont turn on. i mean nothing. She wants my eris but its not happening.

Verizon wants me to take it to the store so they can see what is wrong and then warranty it.

My question is this, it has dried out for about a week now, will they tell it was wet and not warranty it?

Most likely, water damage is hard to hide on a phone. I take it you don't have insurance?

Upvote 0
There is a sticker behind the battery or somewhere near it. It changes colors after it gets wet.
Better not to lie... you'll feel silly when they show you:D

Although depends what state you are in. If its a very hot state you can claim condensation/humidity for the water sticker. The tech in the VZW store in Florida told me that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones