1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Warranty Replacement for Droid 1---What did they tell you and what did they send you.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by moynihan1129, Sep 1, 2010.

1. blkhrt

blkhrt Newbie

I just off the phone with them and was informed that there is nothing more they can do besides just send me another D1. The phones they send out are checked by phone service pros and should have no issues I was told.

I was then informed that I can buy a HTC eris for 169 if I wanted to change phones. I dont know what else to do and may just send an email to them cause they dont get it.

Advertisement

2. BabyRN

BabyRN Well-Known Member

That really sucks! I would call again and try and get a different customer service location. Or you could go straight to the top and contact corporate. I know of one person on here that did and they sent him a brand new DX. It is worth a shot.

Emailing does help. I did that a some point in my process. Also opt to take the survey after you hang up with the CSR. I rated them all zero's and said I was seriously considering canceling all 5 of my lines. I got a call from a supervisor which seemed to escalate things.

3. blkhrt

blkhrt Newbie

My awesom "like new" phone is on its way, I was able to email both Verizon and Motorola in regards to this matter. Im not sure if I should just not accept the phone and see what happens. I do like this phone, but I just wish it would work and I can stop dropping important calls.

4. BabyRN

BabyRN Well-Known Member

Good luck! A few have received great refurb D1's. I would say the majority haven't, but there are a few who have. Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones :) If not, send it back and keep after them.

5. Mrwirez

Mrwirez Member

Okay, here is mine... I am now going on my third Droid, second "refurbished". This time the in-call volume is so low I have to use speaker phone. I have found this to happen with all custom rom's using FRG22d. I called Vzw and the guy said it is a software problem and he has had many calls. He had me wipe my phone through settings and it got stuck in a boot loop... new refurbished on the way. After we hung up, I went into recovery and reinstalled a nandroid back up and all is well, except for the in-call volume. I really don't want the D2 or DX, because I am a customization freak [locked boot-loader]. I did ask what I was entitled to just for the hell of it, and he said only a refurbished D1. I suppose I could have put up a big stink, but I love the D1.

6. TJTHEBEST

TJTHEBEST Well-Known Member

Did anybody that has a family plan with an available upgrade get a free upgrade?

7. brocja01

brocja01 Well-Known Member

Well, I have another D1 being sent to my house. The first refurb has a bunch of extra space under the screen and keyboard. So when I push on the screen, the is too much give. We'll see what comes of this one.

8. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Android Expert

Im on a family plan with my mom (who was eligable) and was upgraded without using hers, without them pushing mine up, and without paying for anything. They just upgraded me for free with no strings attached because I had problems with my droid1.

9. bmetelsky

bmetelsky Newbie

I am waiting for my D1 refurb after calling VZW yesterday. It should arrive Tuesday. I'm crossing my fingers after reading this thread. Will let everyone know.

10. BabyRN

BabyRN Well-Known Member

Same here...I am on a family plan with 5 lines. My daughter is available for upgrade and it did not use hers, extend mine and it didn't cost anything either.

11. ricksievers

ricksievers Android Enthusiast

They tried to make me use one of my new every two upgrades to get me my replacement, but I told them no. I told them they needed to fix the issue I had with my Droid1.

12. TJTHEBEST

TJTHEBEST Well-Known Member

Alright thanks!

13. blkhrt

blkhrt Newbie

Well I have contacted Verizon through email and was infomred due to it being after 30 days there is nothing they can do. So I just hope this droid works and I dont have to throw it out of some high story building.

14. Thornfullessrose

After you do that, then...... NO DROID FOR YOU!!!

(lol Seinfeld:))

15. jdailey1981

jdailey1981 Android Enthusiast

I went through 4 Eris phones and wanted a different phone. I had to go through 7 CS reps to talk to a lady, than she took info to Tech support. Tech support had me take my phone to store for trouble shooting, and they confirmed my issues. They made the notes, and tech support followed up with me and said they will be sending me D1 or D2. Not sure yet, but tracking shows it was sent today.

16. bmetelsky

bmetelsky Newbie

I received my D1 refurb today. Everything is working great! The phone looks brand new. I'm a happy camper. :eek:

17. richd36

richd36 Lurker

I got my refurb Droid today also and it looks Brand new... the build date on my phone is 38/10, that doesn't seem right...Do they put a new date when they go thru the refurb testing?

18. blkhrt

blkhrt Newbie

Just recieved my D1 replacement, it had cosmetic damage to rear of it!!!! I just got off the phone with Verizon and they are overnighting me a D2. I hope this works better then what I have.

19. BabyRN

BabyRN Well-Known Member

I am sure you will like the D2 better than the D1. They haven't been out that long so the refurbs are like new. Good luck. I know how frustrating all this is!

20. usawrestling

usawrestling Newbie

I just got my D1 refurb today as well. Everything looks good but I do have one question (though I may be going crazy :eek: ).

I feel like the keypad is recessed on my new D1. I don't know if it's just that I'm so used to my worn down keypad, or if it is a real problem. Anybody else experience this?

21. brocja01

brocja01 Well-Known Member

I got my second D1 replacement yesterday. So far, I'm really lucky. It seems to have the "raised" key keyboard that everyone wanted with the D1. I just finished rooting it and am backing up the stock rom as I type. So we'll see how it goes. I kinda wish I got a different phone, but am happy with this D1.

22. Thornfullessrose

NICE!!! hope it works out for ya man!:D

23. scottm5443

scottm5443 Lurker

My wife and I both stopped in Verizon last night for issues with our phones. My major delay on the home screen showing icons, and hers the proximity sensor when out. The nice gal behind the counter looked to see if she could get us D1 or other phones. She told us we would both get refurbished D1's. It was too late to get them Fri, standard 2 day shipping so we should get them on Monday.

24. Mrwirez

Mrwirez Member

I was told a refurbished one would be sent, but it appears to be a brand new D1. This one still had plastic on the back slider, around the edges and came with FRG22D loaded in a smaller retail box. The last "refurbished" D1 I got was in a small white box wrapped in bubble plastic, had no protective coverings other than the screen and came with 2.1... It's a dice roll people.

25. theredspecial

theredspecial Lurker

well I've had my refurb about 2 weeks and the slide got a little easier but it still scratches slightly every time it opens. another issue i noticed a few days ago is the headphone jack only working when the headphone plugged in a certain way, is this a common problem or did i just get lucky? overall i'm loving android but unfortunately this phone is just another shitty refurb. I'll be calling CS tomorrow, probably gonna try and get a new droid 2 i guess, I can't deal with these anymore.