• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Warranty/rooting in European Union?

Wow thanx Lilbit :beer::beer:
That is really cool :)
Wonder how non-EU law applies.
The one thing about one of the links that doesnt ring true to me is where it says like "flash back to factory firmware and see if the problem persists".. what if someone has overclocked a custom kernel and damaged the CPU somehow?
I know that on my phone i can unroot and hide my traces if i have to but in my case, the display is showing signs of LED burn-in. I am a heavy user but thats a hardware thing, not possibly caused by soft/firmware but i emailed sammy UK about it asking about warranty (i dont really care about it yet but i have another year of warranty and wanted to test the water) and told them the phone had root access and was running non-samsung firmware and the (seemed generic tbh) reply was along the lines of "as the phone has been tampered with or modified, youll have to pay for any repairs" along with the canned "i realise this must be causing you an inconvenience" bla bla crap lol :)

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
Wow thanx Lilbit :beer::beer:
That is really cool :)
Wonder how non-EU law applies.
The one thing about one of the links that doesnt ring true to me is where it says like "flash back to factory firmware and see if the problem persists".. what if someone has overclocked a custom kernel and damaged the CPU somehow?
I know that on my phone i can unroot and hide my traces if i have to but in my case, the display is showing signs of LED burn-in. I am a heavy user but thats a hardware thing, not possibly caused by soft/firmware but i emailed sammy UK about it asking about warranty (i dont really care about it yet but i have another year of warranty and wanted to test the water) and told them the phone had root access and was running non-samsung firmware and the (seemed generic tbh) reply was along the lines of "as the phone has been tampered with or modified, youll have to pay for any repairs" along with the canned "i realise this must be causing you an inconvenience" bla bla crap lol :)
And did you get your phone repaired?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones