1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Was booting into CWM, now its standard recovery.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nibbles37, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Nibbles37

Nibbles37 Lurker

I was flashing different rooms trying out different ones with no hitches, then I installed the alpha 2 version of CyanogenMod 9 and they released alpha 3 yesterday and I downloaded it and when I reboot into recovery suddenly it's no longer CWM anymore and its the default Android recovery. I have no idea how to fix this, I'm not near a PC either. Please help?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

Hi, welcome to the forums!

I've moved your post into the All Things Root subforum for the Epic 4G Touch. As for restoring CWM instead of the stock recovery, I would wager you would need to be able to link to a computer. I do not have any first hand experience with the E4GT, though.

There are videos available here: http://androidforums.com/epic-4g-to...clockworkmod-flash-roms-unroot-16-videos.html

That and more information is available in the All Things Root guide, which can be found here: http://androidforums.com/epic-4g-to...sung-epic-4g-touch-all-things-root-guide.html

3. bigtoysrock

bigtoysrock Well-Known Member

Your gonna need to odin a cwm kernel. Or you can try mobile odin to get a kernel.

4. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Extreme Android User

This will happen with every release of CM9 for a while until the devs can get the kernel source code for ICS.

Here is the install guide for CM9 which includes a download link for a kernel to flash that includes CWM.

http://e4gtcm.blogspot.com/p/cm9-install-guide.html?m=1

5. JaydeEvo

JaydeEvo Well-Known Member

I had the same issue. I asked around a bit and what I found out was that if I installed mobile ODIN, I was able to flash CWM back on there. Made it pretty easy. You can buy Mobile ODIN in the Google Play Store for 4.99 or get the lite version on XDA (though its worth the $5 because its not as easy to use)

6. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Extreme Android User

That is what I use. The only time I use Odin on my computer is when I am flashing a modem

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews