• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Was I expecting too much?

droid51378

Android Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2009
Mississippi
I hate to be negative, but I was not blown away by my dx2 today. First, worst camera since the htc hero. Horrible, grainy, flat looking photos. Fully charged my battery before I begun my journey & I got 4 hours before I got the 15% warning, then literally 30 seconds after the warning, it went dead. Seems a bit laggy also. It runs smoother with launcher pro, but I prefer the blur to generic sense. pandora was a nightmare during my run & work out. Constant skipping & popping noises. And two random resets.
Did I get a lemon? Is this all known issues that will be patched and fixed? Do I need to just bite the bullet and get a revolution or charge? Everything else I can deal with, but I must have a good camera.

Thanks

You werent expecting too much,my experience was similar.A big let down,and a step down from the Droid X in most respects....fire up the nav system,see how well that works,also when you charge see if your status bar batt charge indicator moves...mine didnt....plug in at 30% 2 hrs later,its still at 30%....then you uplug it and it updates to 90%..Try to shoot an HD video,I had no luck,it skipped,stuttered,and froze.I had a lot of lag in the phone,hesitation when switching tasks or from camera to an app. I had audio issues in addition to the glitches,the nav system would cut in and kill the audio completely,instead of cutting in,and the music coming back up after the nav system was done.Onlyy way the phone worked at all for me was immediately after a factory reset,with only 2-4- apps installed,it acted like it had no RAM at all.more than 4 apps slowed the phone to speeds slower than the original X..Ive had many phones,none with as many glitches as the DX2....I returned it,reluctantly,as I really wanted it,but not like this.

Upvote 0
I got dx2 couple of weeks ago and well i have not had all the problems you have and i think this phones pretty good not great but i think u need to go to verizon and ask for new one because i havent had nearly as bad of a time as you have mines rooted and frozen a bunch of stuff but i think even when my was stock it killed urs in most ways

Upvote 0
Your battery problem might be Flash hanging. Uninstall it for now unless you absolutely need it. With normal use I can charge it every other day and not even get the battery warning.

As far as audio and lag problems, search for the V6 Supercharger script. Use manual settings (10) and use values 6,12,75,125,150,175. It's like night and day with the device.

Upvote 0
This phone was a major letdown for me as well. I had it for exactly two weeks before I couldn't take it anymore. A phone of this caliber shouldnt have this many problems. I also don't see the developer support for this phone that I've seem with phones in the past. I really wanted to keep this phone but couldn't see myself being able to take all the problems for 20 more months.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones