1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Was prompted to post in introductions, so HI

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Grievous Angel, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Grievous Angel

I'll just post what I posted in the Asus Transformer Infinity forum, as it serves somewhat as introduction to myself and why I am (more) back into the Android fold . . .

Hello everyone. I purchased this tablet (Asus Transformer Infinity) somewhat impulsively yesterday. I got rid of my original iPad shortly after I learned they were dropping iOS updates for it. I have grown generally wearisome of all things Apple over the past year or so and finally swore off ever buying an Apple product ever again over this Samsung lawsuit.

Of course I walked away from quite a few iTunes app and movie purchases. Sacrifices, right?

I'm not totally new to Android and am a very big fan--IN PRINCIPLE. I had the original T-Mobile myTouch and started evangelizing right from there. I have since been issued an iPhone for work, purchased a Samsung Galaxy phone for the wife and a very recent myTouch for my kid. Both very nice. I am absolutely lusting after the latest Samsung Galaxy 3.

My first step in Android redemption and renewal was to buy the Nexus 7 but I never could get comfortable with the idea of a 7 inch tablet so I settled on this one (ed Asus Transformer Infinity). So far I am happy with the device and the OS and can't wait to get the Jelly Bean update.

However, I am absolutely horrified by the Play Store and the applications. That is where Apple--at least at first blush--is absolutely trouncing Android. I need some advice--from the perspective of ASUS Transformer users--on the best apps available for this format. Unlike iTunes it is hard to separate the Tablet and "HD" versions from the phone versions, and finding apps so far has been like finding a bunch of iPhone apps to run on an iPad. Not good.

I have managed to find a suitable replacement for Reeder HD for iPad in the form of Reader HD for android. It seems full featured and "close enough" where I'm not feeling regret. This is after installing and deleting the offical google reader and gReader.

However, I'm still in the same boat trying to find a replacement for Alien Blue HD (for Reddit) . . I'm currently sitting on Reddit is Fun but find it to be lacking. Any favorites from you Tranformer fans for reddit?

And more generalized app advice would be welcome. Other "top shelf" apps in their category for the Transformer, good resources for finding apps, etc. Much appreciated.

Look forward to discussing and discovering with the rest of you . . .

2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Hi Grievous...

Welcome to Android Forums. :)

3. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Great into, welcome and cheers.