1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Was stuck on "Android" screen, now will not turn on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Daveskater, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Daveskater

Daveskater Lurker
    None

Oct 16, 2011
    Hi,

I bought a Desire S just over a week ago and have found it to be a great replacement for my Nokia C7, but today I took the Desire S out of my pocket to find it wasn't turned on.

I turned it on but it was taking a while to boot so I just put it down and left it. Anyway, I came back 30 mins later and it was still on the "Android" screen. I thought maybe it had just crashed or something so took the battery out and reinserted it and turned it on again, same thing happened even when I left it for a couple of hours. I removed and reinserted the battery one more time but it still did the same thing.

With the phone off I tried plugging it into the PC to see if I could do a restore somehow but it just seemed to charge it (the orange light was flashing) and wouldn't turn on. I have tried turning it on multiple times and nothing happens. I have also tried holding vol- and the power button but it still does nothing.

Is there anything I can do or have I got to send it off to HTC to have it repaired?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Daveskater

Daveskater Lurker
    None

Oct 16, 2011
    I've done some further searching and resolved the flashing orange light problem by leaving it to charge for a while, but when trying to turn the phone on it still gets stuck on the android screen. It appears to start the logo animation again after about 20 seconds, don't know if this means anything.

3. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Looks like you've tried everything. Unless you're able to get to the boot menu (the one with the three skateboarding Androids) in order to reset your phone by the following...

1. Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, then reinsert the battery.
    2. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button. 3. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.
    4. Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button;

then I don't think things are going to progress.

I'd book it in for a repair.

4. Daveskater

Daveskater Lurker
    None

Oct 16, 2011
    Sorry, I forgot to update this thread. I managed to get into the boot menu and tried the "Restore" and "factory reset" options but neither fixed it. After that I tried "Fastboot" and then it started up fine. As soon as I set the WiFi up it started downloading my apps again and didn't lose all of my settings either so it wasn't a massive disaster or anything in the end :)

5. Daveskater

Daveskater Lurker
    None

Oct 16, 2011
    How ironic that just after posting that it's now done it again. I was using HTC Likes and tried to scroll over to the recommended section then it crashed, the screen went off after 1 minute as normal then it wouldn't come back. Just tried going into the boot menu and doing Fastboot but it isn't loading. Will have to try a factory reset again then. I was literally looking into backup methods at the time as well!

6. Daveskater

Daveskater Lurker
    None

Oct 16, 2011
    I did a factory reset again and then it worked. I do hope I won't have to keep doing this every couple of weeks! I will have to backup my contacts onto the SD card or something as when I sell my old Nokia I won't be able to keep transferring the contacts over.

Tags: