• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Was this a precursor to the Gingerbread update?

bluebird48

Jul 23, 2011
Hi people :)

I have an HTC inspire 4G and I read the announcement where this model was to receive the OTA Gingerbread update in August. So, when I went into settings to check for any new AT&T software updates, I was greeted with a message I had never seen before. It was something like...

"Install Interrupted. You may check again in: 49 minutes."

Then, it was 34 minutes...22 minutes...13 minutes...etc.

I thought something really big was being installed/updated (like Gingerbread) because it's August, because of the "Install Interrupted" message and because it took about an hour before it finally completed.

When it was finally finished and I was no longer getting this message, I went in and saw that I still had Android v2.2. So I rebooted and still had Android 2.2.

So no Gingerbread.

Does this sound familiar to anyone here?. Was it simply an update to "prepare" my phone to receive Gingerbread or was it something else?. I can't think of any other reason for getting this "Install Interrupted...please check back in xx minutes." message.

UPDATE: Now it's giving me the same message but this time it says "Install Interrupted. You may check again in: 22 hours 48 minutes."

Thanks for any input on this, BB

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones