1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Was wondering if this app exists

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by VmPas, May 6, 2012.

1. VmPas

VmPas Newbie
    None

Mar 19, 2012
    I was wondering if an app exists with alot of voice activated functionality whether it be via bluetooth or not. I do alot of driving with my job and would like something where I could tell my Galaxy to do something like "Call Home" or "text message dad" and even read messages and email to me or any kind of text. Does anybody know if something like this exists?

Secondly I heard that there is an app that will project driving information(speed, miles traveled, etc) on your windshield? Does something like this exist as well?

Advertisement

2. ropo1

ropo1 Lurker
    None

Apr 1, 2012
    A lot of that functionality is already built into the phone. On the home screen hold down the search button, and choose the voice recognition service you would like to use. From there you can tell it to send messages and other stuff.

If you go to Settings, then Voice Input and Output, you can turn on driving mode which reads out all texts and emails when you receive them.

3. wolfyboy359

wolfyboy359 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    indy
    as far as projecting the driving info, I have to say there is nothing on the phone that could project anything.

4. VmPas

VmPas Newbie
    None

Mar 19, 2012
    Ah I see. Thank you.

As for the projection thinger I figured as much. I'm still exploring the phone and the possibilities so forgive the silly questions :)

5. VmPas

VmPas Newbie
    None

Mar 19, 2012
    Alright got that down, now is there a way to configure or to tell if my Droid is listening to me via the on board mic or the bluetooth headset?

6. Puddin422

Puddin422 Android Expert
    None

Jun 17, 2010
    Crossville, TN
    I would assume that's a matter of having Bluetooth turned on and "connected" to the headset, or not.

7. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    It's really going to depend on several factors, most of which will be determined by the headset or hands-free system. I haven't used a headset since I got a new car last year that came with Mistubishi's Fuze hands-free setup. If I activate the system using the controls on the steering wheel, only the voice commands from the car are recognized. If I activate voice commands from the phone, it only recognizes the Google voice command set through the phone's mic, but it will play the audio through the car's audio system. You might want to experiment a bit and see what features and options you have with your setup.

BTW, if you set up a contact called 'calendar' and set the number to '48368' (no quotes on either) you can use voice commands to set calendar appointments. The first time you use it, you'll have to approve that your contact can make appointments, but after that it's automatic.

You might say "send text to calendar meeting with bob at two o'clock on thursday." It will set a calendar appointment using your defaults at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday and title it "Meeting with Bob." It's a cool, but little known feature.

LouWags likes this.