• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Washington DC -Which LTE carrier

Nestafaria

Aug 5, 2012
Subject says it all. I currently have ATT and just got an S3. I just realized I can't hotspot b/c I was grandfathered into the unlimited data plan....which was the only thing keeping me with ATT. Is Verizon Better in the DC metro area? From what I read ATT is faster?

Subject says it all. I currently have ATT and just got an S3. I just realized I can't hotspot b/c I was grandfathered into the unlimited data plan....which was the only thing keeping me with ATT. Is Verizon Better in the DC metro area? From what I read ATT is faster?

I think if you root you can get free tethering, so stick with ATT...you'll regret leaving unlimited data on such a great network, cuz VZ don't offer unlimited and Sprint is trash.

Go with the Note 2.

Upvote 0
My LTE coverage is great on Verizon in DC. Parts of Mt. Pleasant and Rock Creek I drop but in my neighborhood of Columbia Heights and work in Friendship Heights, it's rock solid.
Friend of mine has a Note on ATT and she gets great LTE coverage as well. Don't know the specifics, but I've never heard complaints from her.
Speed wise, I get about 15-20 up and 10-13 down. Not the fastest, but certainly not too shabby.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones