1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Washington DC -Which LTE carrier

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Nestafaria, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Nestafaria

Nestafaria Newbie

Subject says it all. I currently have ATT and just got an S3. I just realized I can't hotspot b/c I was grandfathered into the unlimited data plan....which was the only thing keeping me with ATT. Is Verizon Better in the DC metro area? From what I read ATT is faster?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AT1988

AT1988 Member

I think if you root you can get free tethering, so stick with ATT...you'll regret leaving unlimited data on such a great network, cuz VZ don't offer unlimited and Sprint is trash.

Go with the Note 2.

3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

My LTE coverage is great on Verizon in DC. Parts of Mt. Pleasant and Rock Creek I drop but in my neighborhood of Columbia Heights and work in Friendship Heights, it's rock solid.
    Friend of mine has a Note on ATT and she gets great LTE coverage as well. Don't know the specifics, but I've never heard complaints from her.
    Speed wise, I get about 15-20 up and 10-13 down. Not the fastest, but certainly not too shabby.

4. Nestafaria

Nestafaria Newbie

Thanks for the data points. I'm getting 25-55 down and 15-25 up. 25 is in my apartment, and 55 is just outside it. I'm not that worried about losing unlimited....I only use 2GB/month. I just don't want to have to pay $20 more for less data so I can hotspot. Time to call customer service.