• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Watch Movies on Droid?

This is the way to do it...I tried it and now it works. However, there is a delay from when you change the file type...you need to get out of that program and then when you get back in it works.

I tried to do the above and no files of any kind, let alone a movies file was available to select. In fact the app is a total zero for me. You can not access anything.

Upvote 0
here is what I did and it works great.
connect the phone to PC using the USB cable, go into USB mode. open the SD card on the computer, and create a "videos" folder, drag and drop your video files (i have only used MP4 files) into the videos folder.
disconnect.

go into gallery, find the videos folder, open it up, click on a video, and it will start playing. this also works with double twist. i have had great success doing this and absolutely zero problems with this method.

I get all my videos from torrents btw...i know, i am bad

Upvote 0
Just drag and drop to card. Make a file and call it movies. Go to the apps store and download astro. Then all you have to do is open astro find the file named " movies" and you'll see a list of the movies you dropped in the file and select the movie and it will pay. Make sure the movies are in mp4 format. If the file has an .m4v that's OK cause once you have the movie in the folder you can change it to mp4 by press/hold the actual movie file and select rename.
this worked great thanks

Upvote 0
This is the way to do it...I tried it and now it works. However, there is a delay from when you change the file type...you need to get out of that program and then when you get back in it works.

Still can't make this work on my Incredible. Got the free version of Astro and it works well. Changed the m4v to mp4 okay. Exited Astro, came back, still getting "cannot play this video."

Any ideas?

Does it matter that my folder is called "video"? (surely not.)
thanks.

Upvote 0
Yea, and that's one of the few occasions where I see the feature being worthwhile... plane/train/boat rides... any others?

Do you really need to know why someone needs to do something in order to answer the question. Lots of people have free time where we don't have a computer but want to watch an episode of tv or a movie. Ever watched tv while working out? What about if you have a job with hours of no work but you can't leave? My point is....does it matter why someone needs to do something?

Upvote 0
OK so I've read through the forum topic

Put Videos on Droid

I'm not sure if it was just too technical for me but I need a simple answer. Is there an easy way for me to download movies and watch them on my droid?

Free or not, I'm looking for an iTunes like solution?

Use "Save Video plugin for Internet Explorer" (http://www.savevideoplugin.com) Just select options "Convert>Devices>Droid" before download videos. I love this plugin. really convenient!

Upvote 0
I personally use QQPlayer.
Free app, seems decent too.
I have a little problem with the audio on some .ogg and .mkv type files (anime), however avi runs like a dream.
I have no clue on it's effects with iTunes file types, but you could give it a try.

Another cool thing with it is you can "scroll" up and down on the right to adjust the volume without pausing/using menus or getting a pop-up showing it.
Also, you can "scroll" left & right at the bottom to search the video.
And finally, you can also set the player to only look in a specific folder for possible video files, allowing you to not accidentally pick up camera recordings.

Upvote 0
Still can't make this work on my Incredible. Got the free version of Astro and it works well. Changed the m4v to mp4 okay. Exited Astro, came back, still getting "cannot play this video."

Any ideas?

Does it matter that my folder is called "video"? (surely not.)
thanks.

I'm getting this message as well. Can anyone help?

I'm using MP4 files that I ripped using MagicDVDRipper. When I use mVideoplayer to look up the files I put on my Droid I can see the titles, and the first scene of the movie is shown in the picture, but when I click on it to watch it it only says "Cannot play this video". :thinking:

Thanks

Upvote 0
Im perplexed. Just left Iphone for the second time. Trying to download movies for wife and i to watch on plane trip tomorrow. Everything i read is either I have to have a Motorola phone from Verizon or I have to have wifi access for streaming.

Are you kidding me. I will go back to iphone before I have to convert video this to me says it all. iIam trying so hard to go droid. But the whole media thing is killing me.

again I have 30 days to test this out i just want to watch movies on my plane flights. HOW??????

Upvote 0
Im perplexed. Just left Iphone for the second time. Trying to download movies for wife and i to watch on plane trip tomorrow. Everything i read is either I have to have a Motorola phone from Verizon or I have to have wifi access for streaming.

Are you kidding me. I will go back to iphone before I have to convert video this to me says it all. iIam trying so hard to go droid. But the whole media thing is killing me.

again I have 30 days to test this out i just want to watch movies on my plane flights. HOW??????

Have you tried QQ Player?
It works for AVI just fine. The only problems I have had is usually with OGG, MKV, etc. And if you are playing with those formats, you shouldn't mind converting them :p

Reactions: icecold
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones