1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Watch out for bootleg Batteries on Amazon/Ebay...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nbcrompton, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Nbcrompton

Nbcrompton Newbie

I bought a backup battery for my Droid. It was on Amazon for around $30.00. It was advertised as a Motorola BP6X battery, but it is not. It is a bootleg,when you put it into your phone a question mark(?) shows up on the battery icon. It wont charge up at all. It also has a bigger Hologram sticker than my original, along with smaller battery leeds indicating BOOTLEG.. Beware Buy directly from Motorola...
    Amazon.com: Motorola BP6X A855 Droid OEM 1300mah Standard Battery: Cell Phones & Service

2. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert

Or buy from Seidio...they have a replacement battery that was around $25 when it was first released. They are a very reputable vendor.

3. rotor george

rotor george Newbie

Can we see a photo of the one you received?

Thanks for the heads up!

4. rhyno

rhyno Member

I'm sure you know this, but amazon's return policy is fantastic. You shouldn't have an issue getting a refund on it. Thanks for the head's up though.

5. 747tech

747tech Newbie

I don't buy memory cards from Ebay or Amazon either. I have purchased more than one obvious knock off from them.
    If they worked I wouldn't care but they are junk.

6. AZDroid

AZDroid Well-Known Member

A bad battery can really jack up your phone. Buy from the manufacturer or carrier, and I do trust Seidio batteries. I have had them for 3 different BlackBerrys and they all worked great!

7. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert

Three words:

O.E.M.

If they state that ... you're golden. If they don't ... don't buy it. But I don't pay retail for ANYTHING! ;)

Just checked out the link provided by the OP. I could possibly be an out-of-box failure. It happens. I would try to exchange or return it.

8. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Android Expert

Never buy a Chinese battery! They are very inconsistent. Japanese batteries are the best.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews