1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Watch phone

Discussion in 'Wear Os' started by Heather Payne, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Heather Payne

Heather Payne Newbie

Are there independent companies that will give you a simple plan aka cheap for a watch phone? I've only heard of the one with Verizon to add on to your plan if you are already with them for like $5/month, I have cricket wireless. Was thinking of one for my son for emergencies

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Alexa94

Alexa94 Lurker

But I don't think so there quality is good enough to rough use for kids.

3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Android Wear has an app called Watch Phone. It's not free but it works great.

4. Patrick Kelly

Patrick Kelly Newbie

All companies are independent in the sense they're private businesses. I suppose some countries might have government monopolies but I don't know of any.

Here an article about smartwatches and stand-alone watches . Most of the watches communicate through a smartphone and must be close to one to work. A standalone takes it's own SIM card and cell service.

http://smartwatches.org/learn/best-standalone-smartwatch-options/

You'd have to check where you live to see what the cheap plans are like. I live in Mexico and have unlimited phone calls and messages in Mexico and to the U.S. and Canada but very limited mobile data. Since I'm rarely away from WiFi I don't worry about mobile data and my service is $100 Nexican pesos every 21 days. That's roughly $2 a week.