• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Watch widget

lucids

Jul 3, 2010
Went to click the "Videos" widget in Apps yesterday to watch a video i recorded with the phone's own camera as per normal, only for it to update then eventually disappear and become the "Watch" widget in apps.

The problem with this new watch widget is that it only views downloaded or purchased videos or can be used to buy content from a video market as opposed to play back the phones own camera vids as was done previously.

There seems to be no way in it to browse to where the files are stored on the memory card to play existing content either shot oneself or copied to the memory card.

I suppose one could move videos to the download folder, (not sure whether that would work), but the camera saves them elsewhere by default so this would be a pain.

Now one has to watch them via navigating through the gallery or install a separate app. Personally i think this is a retrograde step and maybe they should have just left it as it was and added the video market to the existing videos widget.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones